Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: John Wolford drafted (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by siff View Post
    81% of AAF players have had NFL contracts? Not bad.
    Yes including John Wolford. Theyíre including pre-season contracts where a guy might be under contract for just a few days as John was with the Jets.

Change thread title to John Wolford MVP Watch

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    275 yards, 4 TDs and at least two 2PT (theyíre mandatory). Canít find his comp stats. I know he was 10/20 at the half. He was hot in the 3rd.

#ClawsIn #ManUp
    Quote Originally Posted by mebanedeac View Post
    Are there any other former WF players in this league?
    Chris Givens was on Memphis but don't think he made the final cut

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Just read that you canít blitz more than 5 people, and you canít blitz from a position over 2 yards off the line of scrimmage. Thatís dumb.

Wolford finished 18-29 for 275 yards. Four TD"s and no interceptions. Only negative was four passes blocked by DL. Arizona won 38-22. Best passing numbers in the league in week one. Wolford ran the RPO with tempo like he did as a senior. He earned the praise of the announcers. Good start.

That was fun to watch, watching John run an offense that was similar to his time at Wake. Hope he continues to dominate the league and get another look at the NFL.

He finished 8-9 after starting 10-20.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousDeac View Post
    wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousDeac View Post
    Playing in the state of Tennessee is not easy for him.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconbd View Post
    Yes including John Wolford. Theyíre including pre-season contracts where a guy might be under contract for just a few days as John was with the Jets.
    I understand that, but thanks for the clarification anyway.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Just read that you canít blitz more than 5 people, and you canít blitz from a position over 2 yards off the line of scrimmage. Thatís dumb.
    So are innumerable NFL rules, yet they somehow work.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    They are trying to do two things with this rule, I think:
    1- It is very difficult to put together a capable offensive line from nothing in ~1 month... This gives the offense a chance.
    2- It opens up the game on offense even more by promoting passing over running the football.

Yeah, I don't like that it limits what the defense can do, but oh well.

Itís a developmental league. Makes sense to focus on core skills and to do everything possible to avoid injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    They are trying to do two things with this rule, I think:
    1- It is very difficult to put together a capable offensive line from nothing in ~1 month... This gives the offense a chance.
    2- It opens up the game on offense even more by promoting passing over running the football.

Yeah, I don't like that it limits what the defense can do, but oh well.

I think I read something that said these O-lines wouldn't stand a chance against exotic blitzes and they didn't want to get the qb killed.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    I think I read something that said these O-lines wouldn't stand a chance against exotic blitzes and they didn't want to get the qb killed.
    Yeah. Simple delayed blitzes from the LBs have been killing the OL in Week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    This is also the reason for the illegal defensive formation penalties. AZ got a lot of those. Offensive lines on college and NFL teams spend a lot of time learning to coordinate blocks and pickup blitzes. This league didn't have that time available, so they legislated a handicap to the defenses.

The announcers were praising Wolford for helping out his O-line by being quick on his reads and release. Under 2 seconds from snap to ball out to wide open receiver. Part of why he had gaudy stats in his first game.

Wonder if these rules will be modified in season 2 when the OL has spent more time together.

Or do they re-draft every year OR not expect to retain players from year to year?

NEW MODERAT0R
    Wolford is in line to be the first player inducted into the AAF Hall of Fame !

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Wolford is in line to be the first player inducted into the AAF Hall of Fame !
    him and Trent Richardson