• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Wolford drafted (sort of)

Wolford leading a potential game winning or tying drive with 36 sec left on NFLN.

Didn’t happen. Lost 14-11 to previously 0-3 Atlanta.

Last edited:
Bad defense and bad OLine play. Not really happy with play calling.

Woof terrible pick for Wolford - bloom is off the rose i guess? I’m still confuses me why Dundon paid $250mm for this rather shitty league. What’s the exit? I’d be impressed if they come back for another year unless the NFL subsidizes it.

Had an excellent game today and got a much needed win.

Saw the nice 4th and 1 playfake and the HB pass for the 2 point conversion. The AAF is going to pilot test a lot of 2 point conversion plays for college and the NFL.

John played very well in last nights win. He had one or two long passes that were 50/50 but neither was picked off. Great stats and solid leadership put the Hotshots back on top of their division. One more win and they clinch the playoffs.

Unfortunately, it looks like interest in this league is drying up.
Not sure if it will survive.
Hopefully this season is enough to give Wolford another shot at the NFL

Unfortunately, it looks like interest in this league is drying up.
Not sure if it will survive.
Hopefully this season is enough to give Wolford another shot at the NFL

I think the marketing is pretty poor. If they could get a Fox or ESPN to pick up a game of the week, then I bet it would take off. Unless you actively look for the games, you wouldn't know they were happening.

It’s had the same TV schedule every week except week 1 when the 3:00 Sat game was televised instead of on the BR app.

It’s had the same TV schedule every week except week 1 when the 3:00 Sat game was televised instead of on the BR app.

CBS family has TV rights. They have been promoting and showing some college basketball tournament the last several weeks.

As much as the public loves football, football fatigue sets in after the Super Bowl. To the extent people that still maintain a football fix, the lead-up to the draft fills that. Basketball owns March. Then, NBA and NHL playoffs start, baseball is also kicking in. There just isn't any craving for minor league football in Spring with other things going on. We all clamor for that as the Summer drones on, but right now, there just isn't interest in watching knock-off football, don't think there ever will be.

As much as the public loves football, football fatigue sets in after the Super Bowl. To the extent people that still maintain a football fix, the lead-up to the draft fills that. Basketball owns March. Then, NBA and NHL playoffs start, baseball is also kicking in. There just isn't any craving for minor league football in Spring with other things going on. We all clamor for that as the Summer drones on, but right now, there just isn't interest in watching knock-off football, don't think there ever will be.

Lots of other options.
Yesterday late afternoon-early evening I watched golf and college basketball.
I didn't even think about AAF........and I love football.

AAF is fine for February and the beginning of March. It's not going to draw interest during the end of March and NBA playoffs.

Let's be real. This league will never make a profit. It would just need to be valuable enough to the NFL to make the losses acceptable. I think it could be.

Does the NFL really need a separate league to develop third and fourth string quarterbacks ? Not much value there.

Back