• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

I watched some of the Charleston game yesterday. VCU is a good team and gave UVA fits for 35 minutes. That was a great win for Charleston, and I liked how aggressive they were.

Earl Grant is such an obvious and easy choice that I’m sure we’ll fuck it up.

Earl Grant is such an obvious and easy choice that I’m sure we’ll fuck it up.

He will get better offers and take one. May not have been the case 9 months ago.

Mannings seat is VERY HOT according to my source.

That modest resemblance to a basketball team that actually played some team defense and ran a recognizable offense needs to continue and get exponentially better or Danny will find his seat resembles the top of a blast furnace. The last game is what the team should be (or better) game 1, year 1.

I will say Sarr appeared to have a big attitude change (aggressive to basket) last game that's the best improvement I've seen this year. Hope that expands throughout the team.

Last edited:
He will get better offers and take one. May not have been the case 9 months ago.

Debatable.

I’m a lot less worried about someone else poaching our top choice than I am about us just making a bad hire.

There won't be many (if any) better jobs opening at the end of the year unless Alford gets fired. Add to that, the ACC/ESPN Network and Wake's job is even better than it has been.

There won't be many (if any) better jobs opening at the end of the year unless Alford gets fired. Add to that, the ACC/ESPN Network and Wake's job is even better than it has been.

Strange that such a coveted position has had trouble finding suitable candidates in the past decade.

Debatable.

I’m a lot less worried about someone else poaching our top choice than I am about us just making a bad hire.

perhaps, but seems like our previous bad hires have been influenced by getting turned down by our top choices

perhaps, but seems like our previous bad hires have been influenced by getting turned down by our top choices

To a degree, I guess.

But I don’t think anyone would argue that we hired the best available candidate in either case.

I will say Sarr appeared to have a big attitude change (aggressive to basket) last game that's the best improvement I've seen this year. Hope that expands throughout the team.

We played a truly awful team last game, too.

Back