• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

If he wins Friday night, they would have true road wins at West Virginia, Syracuse & Marquette. There can’t be many teams come March with that nice of a road resume.

I just don't see it. They were a #13 seed last year at 26-8... #67 in KP.

I'm sure they'll have a better record (& KP) this season, but I just think it is unlikely that they earn a Top 4 seed in the NCAAs.

And, of course, it doesn't really matter for our chances if they are a #4 or a #5 seed... My point was just that it feels like we are at "peak Buffalo" right now.

I think Oats would at least listen to what we had to say.

they're #22 in KP right now, having played a tougher schedule than Duke to date (which will obviously change in conference play)

Also - not a candidate for Wake - but is Chris Mullin a pretty good coach?

they're #22 in KP right now, having played a tougher schedule than Duke to date (which will obviously change in conference play)

Northern Iowa from 2015 probably the best comparison. Finished 18th in KP, had 3 losses heading into selection Sunday, and one non-conference top 25 win. They also split the season series with Wichita State, an opportunity Buffalo won’t have. They were a 5 seed. I doubt a 3 loss Buffalo team could hope for any better than that.

Get the connection but Hopkins has been pretty underwhelming with UW thus far. Oats would be a way better hire

Really? His first year they won 21 games. Only won 9 in the year prior. This year they are 54th in KP after finishing 98th last year.

Bump thread. Guy from Texas Tech (name escapes me). But I’m not sure he’d leave TX as I believe he’s coached in/around TX his whole careeer.

Bump thread. Guy from Texas Tech (name escapes me). But I’m not sure he’d leave TX as I believe he’s coached in/around TX his whole careeer.

Chris Beard. Unfortunately, I doubt Wake is a better job than TT at this point. He’d be a great get, though.

I’m sure I’ll take shit for this but I’d be absolutely fine if we hired Rick Pitino...he’d be on best behavior and give us instant national cred...Vitale would slurp us

It just seems like we need the Dave Clawson of hoops. Up and comer who is hungry and thrilled for the job and gives us some energy. We ended up with two NBA retreads who had already more than made their name. Skip was Clawson-ish when he started with us. Please god don’t get seduced it another seeming “name” guy. Kelsey and Miller may have too much baggage for us, but someone of that ilk would be the right move. Young scrappy and hungry (Hamilton yo)

Agree about Kelsey and Miller, I would be happy with either. My brother who is quite knowledgeable about hoops saw a UNCG game this year and said it was some of the best defensive play he has ever seen.

Wes Miller please.... He is hungry and ready to take on some bigger challenges and we're definitely that.... If they fired D. Manning during the season it would at least show they care and we demand better from our a program standpoint. i always go see the Deacs play every year but not this year and not anymore until change is made.

Back