• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Last edited:
Supposedly hates recruiting and would rather bounce around in the NBA (likely as an assistant) than go back to college, notwithstanding his huge success at ISU.

I’ve heard that rumor before but never from a credible source.

A lot of his ISU success was with juco kids, so probably wouldn’t work out at Wake anyway.

TJ Otzelberger is another guy i would keep an eye on from South Dakota State. Doing really well there and is seen as a future star as a coach. Was known as a tenacious recruiter at Washington as an assistant and also at Iowa State. The guy can flat out coach, has taken SDSU to 2 NCAA tourny appearances in 2 years there.

TJ Otzelberger is another guy i would keep an eye on from South Dakota State. Doing really well there and is seen as a future star as a coach. Was known as a tenacious recruiter at Washington as an assistant and also at Iowa State. The guy can flat out coach, has taken SDSU to 2 NCAA tourny appearances in 2 years there.

I like the sound of this guy.

People need to shut the fuck up thinking that Kelsey and Miller should be on the list. If either one is hired, it will be nothing short of a miracle for Wake to be worth a shit in the next 5 years.

Don't feel like reading entire thread to see if previously mentioned but how about Dan Marjerle? He has done some pretty good things at Grand Canyon. I bet he would fit in with current admin. Plus, he's frigging Thunder Dan. They are currently 7 and 6 but no real bad losses (other than blow out loss at Texas)and played some pretty good teams fairly well (lost to Nevada by 8, Utah by 9 and Seton Hall by 7).

Thunder Dan! Not trying to be an ass, but what makes you think he would fit in well with the current admin?

Rick Pitino...checks all the boxes and will give us national cred from day 1

He’ll create Skip excitement and his only reason for coaching would be redemption, winning and competing for championships. He would bring in a great staff and we’d show up on the final list for multiple top 100 players on day one.

He’s our quickest and best road back.

He’ll create Skip excitement and his only reason for coaching would be redemption, winning and competing for championships. He would bring in a great staff and we’d show up on the final list for multiple top 100 players on day one.

You're delusional.

Only way we hire Rick is if Ron Wellman and Natty O both decide to retire. Pitino is the antithesis of a "Wake guy" in their eyes.

I don't disagree with the premise that he'd quickly turn our program around and generate excitement.

Back