• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Sounds like a lovely place to visit in the offseason. Not so nice in the deep of winter, as you're looking SOUTH at CANADA

I was comparing how we view Manning at Wake compared to Odom at UMBC.

Tulsa has nothing to do with that.

Basically, you were just shitting on a single poster. I get it.

But yeah, your logic not rock solid there.

Please explain.

You don't have to pay it all up front.

Please explain.

"Kind of funny to see Ryan Odom poo pooed by some because a G-Leaguer went off and led them to a history win over a #1 seed. Yet people thought Manning is a legit coach because he made the First Four with John Collins."

Broadly - Apples & Oranges

More specific:
1- Aside from (maybe) the one poster I said you were shitting on, you aren't seeing the above right now. And if you ever did, it probably wasn't the same people saying each thing. There are a number of different opinions on OGBoards, not just 2 camps.
2- Ryan Odom is being poo poo'd now because there are questions about how much of last year's success was Lyles and how much was his coaching. And I don't think anyone is saying he isn't a legit coach... He just might not be ACC-caliber or ACC-ready. Only one person ever points to the First Four as a reason why Manning is a legit coach. Shortly before the First Four was "peak Manning"... Specifically, after the Virginia Tech win. Read the boards from then... A lot of the folks that hate Manning now actually thought he was "credible" then and were ready to eat crow. Obviously, the wheels have fallen off since then. And I'd argue the First Four game against KSU was actually a negative event for Manning credibility.
3- A "G-Leaguer" at UMBC is a little different than an NBA player at WFU.
4- The first statement is more of a comment on a person being one choice among many potential future Wake Forest coaches. The second statement was assessment of job performance from almost 2 years ago.

To clarify, I understand what you meant... But I think it only works if you are talking about the same posters making both statements... And if those posters are comparing Odom to Manning (instead of Odom vs. the pool of candidates).

Oats has only been head coach at Buffalo 4 years right? Surprised he has enough for a million dollar house

He is buying it from a wealthy Buffalo supporter. I would bet he got really good terms on his deal.

One of the reasons to go ahead and fire Mannining now is so we can go ahead and get in on a coach like this before everyone else does. We could approach him early and work out something in principal that could be announced as soon as his team is done in the tournament.

If we wait until the season is out, we will have to hope we are the best choice he has(not likely).

There's at least one every year.

He is buying it from a wealthy Buffalo supporter. I would bet he got really good terms on his deal.

Helluva gift tax to have to pay the IRS if that's the case.

On the other hand, that's probably market up there. Here's another waterfront home in Grand Island, NY with 8 beds 5 full, 2 half baths 6,717 sq ft on a 5.25-acre lot for $835,000.
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...Rd_Grand-Island_NY_14072_M40656-46534?view=qv

ec466d7a57e849d1568fb6f550538189l-m22xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

One of the reasons to go ahead and fire Mannining now is so we can go ahead and get in on a coach like this before everyone else does. We could approach him early and work out something in principal that could be announced as soon as his team is done in the tournament.

If we wait until the season is out, we will have to hope we are the best choice he has(not likely).

Obviously this list will change, but looking at the preseason hot seat list (https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-whose-jobs-could-be-on-the-line-this-season/), Maryland is probably the best job, followed by some combination of Wake/WSU/Minnesota, not counting the FBI investigation candidates of course. #historicallycompetitive

Turgeon may be on the hot seat if MD has a bad year, but barring injuries, they are going to be a tournament team and Turgeon's job will be safe. Turgeon brought in an excellent freshman class. They are young, but are going to get better; they are #27 right now. MD has at least 2 future NBA players in Bruno Fernando and Jalen Smith, and Anthony Cowan is solid college PG. That's a recipe to win a lot of games.

Then Collins left and Manning showed he couldn’t win without Collins. Then he should have been fired.

He makes $600,000 a year. Why wouldn't he have enough for a $1,000,000 home?

We buy the house for 2 million and give it to Danny in exchange for their coach. Problem solved

Correct. Not sure how that’s relevant to where we were in year 3 though.

Finally. It took you 9 months to admit it. Now we can stop these arguments.

Back