• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Finally. It took you 9 months to admit it. Now we can stop these arguments.

I stated nine months ago that a competent AD would fire Manning and that if Wake had a competent AD, firing Manning would be the best thing for the program. I wasn’t aware that has been a point of debate. It certainly wasn’t on this thread until you brought it up.

So if I thought we should have fired Manning in March and you agreed, what were you arguing with me about?

So if I thought we should have fired Manning in March and you agreed, what were you arguing with me about?

I’m not going to pretend to know what you think you are arguing about. My general argument re: Manning has been simple and consistent. I continue to defend the parts of that argument that I still think are correct and have repeatedly stated which parts of that argument were wrong (those admissions have apparently fallen on deaf ears).

Mostly I just respond to the inaccuracies in front of me and then watch as others retreat to safer ground.

We are talking about one of your admissions right now. You finally admitted that we should have fired Manning in March.

We are talking about one of your admissions right now. You finally admitted that we should have fired Manning in March.

We were talking about where Manning had the program in year 3. You changed the subject to something we have never disagreed on. I stated (not admitted) in March that Manning deserved to be fired in March and that a competent AD would have done so.

I also stated in March that firing Manning but not Wellman would be a net negative for the program. I think that assessment was correct at the time. I think that assessment might even still be true today. But that’s not the conversation we are having.

We were talking about where Manning had the program in year 3. You changed the subject to something we have never disagreed on. I stated (not admitted) in March that Manning deserved to be fired in March and that a competent AD would have done so.

I also stated in March that firing Manning but not Wellman would be a net negative for the program. I think that assessment was correct at the time. I think that assessment might even still be true today. But that’s not the conversation we are having.

Do you realize you make absolutely NO sense? I'm sure you think you're clever with this drivel. But, you make absolutely no sense. Every post is like watching a shell-game.

Do you realize you make absolutely NO sense? I'm sure you think you're clever with this drivel. But, you make absolutely no sense. Every post is like watching a shell-game.

I mean the first paragraph consisted of factual statements. If those don’t make any sense to you I don’t know what to tell you.

The second paragraph is more nuanced, so I can see why you might have trouble understanding.

So legit question: why isn’t Musselman an option? What am I missing? Is that like asking why Popovich isn’t option?

Maybe it’s because he’s a failed NBA coach? Not sure.

I assumed he was much older because he’s been around the block a bunch. He’s only two years older than Manning.

I mean it’s understandable logic that firing Danny while keeping Wellman could be a net negative. The only thing worse than having Manning another year or two would be to miss badly on our next hire. Kelsey is so obviously the right fit for Wake, and I doubt Wellman will even consider him. It’s fucking infuriating.

If
I mean it’s understandable logic that firing Danny while keeping Wellman could be a net negative. The only thing worse than having Manning another year or two would be to miss badly on our next hire. Kelsey is so obviously the right fit for Wake, and I doubt Wellman will even consider him. It’s fucking infuriating.

Why? Can you even say definitively that he is a good coach? Hell of a leap from many years at Winthrop to the ACC.

If

Why? Can you even say definitively that he is a good coach? Hell of a leap from many years at Winthrop to the ACC.

He was also Ass't HC at X as they grew into a major program and was a top recruiter/assistant at Wake. That's far more than HOF Wes Miller and even more than Oats, but Oats may be that new hot coach who make the jump from a lower level to the ACC.

Kyle Smith - coach at University of San Fran is another name to watch!

That's a low bar...

He has no experience whatsoever in a P6 situation or high level recruiting. We can't afford on-the-job training...especially for a 50 year old (he will be 50 next summer) coach

Back