• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

I'm hearing Wellman is down to Jim Crews or Tom Penders with an announcement coming Thursday

How the fuck would UNLV get Matta over Wake, fucking hell!

The number 1 thing the next Wake coach has to do is recruit.

Not sure about that. Danny recruited fine. Retention and knowing what to do with the players was another story.

I would love a coach that has an idea about how to motivate, game plan, and strategize.

Not sure about that. Danny recruited fine. Retention and knowing what to do with the players was another story.

I would love a coach that has an idea about how to motivate, game plan, and strategize.

Recruiting by itself is not enough. But it IS where you have to start to be successful at Wake. All that stuff you mentioned is important. However there will be a lot more success if those efforts are expended on four and five star talent as opposed to two and three star guys.

Matta to UNLV looks like its going to happen, there goes the home run.

0 smoke on any big candidates to WF besides Shaka.

Shaka, Turner, Forbes, Oats. Whatever order you want, fine. But it shouldn't get past those guys.

If it's Miller, ugh.

If it's Odom or Kelsey, I'm ready to join the Southern Conference.

Matta to UNLV looks like its going to happen, there goes the home run.

0 smoke on any big candidates to WF besides Shaka.

Shaka, Turner, Forbes, Oats. Whatever order you want, fine. But it shouldn't get past those guys.

If it's Miller, ugh.

If it's Odom or Kelsey, I'm ready to join the Southern Conference.

maybe not

maybe not

Interesting, saw some other UNLV sports guys retweeting stuff that it was a done deal, guess we'll see. But either way, 0 mention of Matta and WF so far.

The reports I read said the UNLV job is Matta’s... if he wants it. Which, yeah.

We are missing the best candidate right under our noses... Danny Manning!

He has 5 years of experience coaching at WF, no one else can claim that the last 5 seasons. He knows the ACC. He won an NCAA championship before any recruits were born. He is reportedly owed $18M.

He's the perfect fit.

@coachingchanges @Les_Johns

Not sure about that part. He recruited a handful of solid players but also way too many guys that had no business playing in the ACC (and subsequently got run off or left). It's hard to build a program when you're bringing in 2 to 3 reaches in every recruiting class.

Accuracy is a great trait. Tell me who has put Miller in the same tier with Matta and Hoiberg.

Back