• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Richmond

jaybone

Reaction score
Should be an interesting game. I don't think we have anyone who can stop Grant Golden and I expect a loss. Richmond has been relatively terrible this year, so a loss, even on the road, could be the tipping point for Manning IMO.

Richmond plays tonight on the road against Georgetown.

If we are going to make a coaching mid-season, I am penciling Sunday and Monday on my calendar.

Why would the loss be a tipping point compared to the last two games?

Richmond seems to almost always give us fits even when we were good. At Richmond, even if they're not good, spells an L for us I think and yet Manning will still survive.

_____________seems to almost always give us fits. _______________, even if they're not good, spells an L for us I think and yet Manning will still survive.

Created the generic version. For the rest of the season use. Just fill in the blanks from game to game.

Richmond seems to almost always give us fits even when we were good. At Richmond, even if they're not good, spells an L for us I think and yet Manning will still survive.
Yup. I've thought this one was a toss up even back before I realized we sucked even more than I could have guessed.

Richmond is a mess right now. Their 2nd leading scorer and best defender Nick Sherod tore up his knee over the weekend and is done for the year. Their starting PG, Jacob Gilyard has missed the last two games with a groin injury he is still day to day. They have already lost to #318 Longwood and #223 Hampton. The Hampton loss was by 20 at home this past Sunday. Mooney's popularity with Spider fans rivals Manning's popularity here.

That said WF has no one that can cover Grant Golden (6-10 265) averaging 20 ppg and shooting 60% from the field. He is a beast:

5a6f426ef30f5.image.jpg

Richmond is a mess right now. Their 2nd leading scorer and best defender Nick Sherod tore up his knee over the weekend and is done for the year. Their starting PG, Jacob Gilyard has missed the last two games with a groin injury he is still day to day. They have already lost to #318 Longwood and #223 Hampton. The Hampton loss was by 20 at home this past Sunday. Mooney's popularity with Spider fans rivals Manning's popularity here.

That said WF has no one that can cover Grant Golden (6-10 265) averaging 20 ppg and shooting 60% from the field. He is a beast:

5a6f426ef30f5.image.jpg

He and his brother Bryce who decommitted from Pitt and is now at Butler are both good players. Bryce would have helped this team more than Ikenna or Bilas, but whatever.

Is he hurt? If not Bryce Golden can't be that good as he hasn't played at all for Butler.

Bryce Golden had shoulder surgery and is not cleared to play.

Tucker transferred from Duke. I don't think he's eligible until mid-December. That's quite different.

I live in Richmond and teach at U of barre at night and they may be one of the few teams that we consider trading coaches with us at this moment. Most of their alumni base one of the new coach at the end of last year and you’ve been there underwhelming start the noise has risen and Richmond. I don’t know that anybody on either side he’s going to get much enjoyment out of the game

I live in Richmond and teach at U of barre at night and they may be one of the few teams that we consider trading coaches with us at this moment. Most of their alumni base one of the new coach at the end of last year and you’ve been there underwhelming start the noise has risen and Richmond. I don’t know that anybody on either side he’s going to get much enjoyment out of the game

Huh?

Why would the loss be a tipping point compared to the last two games?

Fair point.

Because as frustrating as we have been against lame-ass barely div 1 schools at home for the last 30 games, this one is on the road and has the potential to turn into a 20-point win for Richmond.

Because if you are going to consider letting Manning go before the last week of the season, RIGHT NOW or in the next week would be the best time. IF we get too far into December and closer to our ACC schedule, the less likely I think it is.

We lost to Houston Babtist IMO because we have so little faith in Sarr defensively, we put in Ikenna Smart. Seems like a nice guy, and a grown man, but he is like the Predator is out there. He cuts a path. I'll leave it at that. I think only Jesse the Body Ventura could handle him. He's certainly getting his money's worth on fouls. But a 5-pt play ... He simply should not see the court in the last 3 to 5 minutes of games, basically after we are in the bonus.

He WOULD have been in the game last night if he hadn't have fouled out. So, what does Manning do? He puts it Sunday Okeke, who has barely played, and he proceeds to immediately put Western Carolina on the line. And ... Manning kept him in. He gets the rebound and gets fouled. Very very very clearly should have been Sarr in there who is a decent foul shooter. These type of mistakes just cannot happen at the college level. It costs games. Manning is like the Jon Koncak of coaching. Every time we fuck up, he seems to wrap his arms around himself in his own bear hug. Koncak used to massage his wrists nervously when he fucked up. I think the two are kindred spirits. And both are rich as fuck. Anyway, Sarr is a decent player, or will be. I have always thought that Manning's saving grace has been his big man work, and certainly there is ample proof, but I just don't get Sarr usage this year and am disappointed with his development. The layup Western Carolina's "big" got on Sarr was a total hook and should have been a foul. You can't take Sarr out for a missed foul as much as that kid was killing us. Because

the alternative is Smart or Sunday. We only go as far as Sarr can hold down the paint. Mostly.

Deacfan, you waited until the second sentence to have troublle with this? Clearly Manning has pushed this guy tto drink early and often and Manning will have to use part of the buyout for the impending liver transplant.

Sorry, Verbal email that went awry. It is UofR and not barre and wanted a new coach and they have been underwhelming. Tried to edit but wasn't as easy as my last edit.

I would say Sarr is the worst starting 5 I can ever recall at Wake. If Danny is making him better, it is not visible.

5a6f426ef30f5.image.jpg

I went to HS with his mom. She will talk some smack after we get crushed and I can't say I blame her.

Back