• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

18 million guaranteed...

I really just want Manning to get T'd up. Has he ever gotten a technical? You don't want a coach that gets a lot of technicals but you do need one that will go off on the officials every once in a while, when it is warranted, just to show the players that you care and that you have their back. We can get screwed to the wall by the worst call in history and you are lucky if Manning raises an eyebrow.

I really just want Manning to get T'd up. Has he ever gotten a technical? You don't want a coach that gets a lot of technicals but you do need one that will go off on the officials every once in a while, when it is warranted, just to show the players that you care and that you have their back. We can get screwed to the wall by the worst call in history and you are lucky if Manning raises an eyebrow.

First game I ever watched him coach he got a technical. Actually, he was ejected. Maryland vs Tulsa in 2013. That team could also play defense though.

posts like this are why we may never be good again

He did. For calling a timeout when he didn't have any left. Awful coach. Now, he rarely uses timeouts in the right situation, because I think he doesn't know if he has any left. This circus has to end soon.

You don't need to get a technical to show the team, or anybody, that you are fired up and you care. How about getting excited when your play hits a three or blocks a shot? How about benching a player and giving him an earful when he jacks a contested three with 26 seconds left on the shot clock or when he plays matador defense?

Give the man some credit. He got a technical when he called a timeout we didn't have in the loss to Iona

You don't need to get a technical to show the team, or anybody, that you are fired up and you care. How about getting excited when your play hits a three or blocks a shot? How about benching a player and giving him an earful when he jacks a contested three with 26 seconds left on the shot clock or when he plays matador defense?

this will all take care of itself when we get in better players

Coach Childress doesn't even get excited when his son hits a big shot. I don't know what is going to do it.

'67-'68 varsity team was 5-21. Fans would come to see the freshman game (Charley Davis and Gil McGregor) and leave before the varsity took the court. That varsity team was more fun to watch than this year's

That team was so bad it's not listed in the WF media guide for most losses in a season. It should be tied for second all time with the 1986 team. The younger generation gets included with the 2011 team and the all time record of 24. Six of the twelve seasons with the most losses have occurred in the past eight years. There is justifiable reason for a bad attitude.

This.

I didn't say it was the ONLY way to show you care. I would take any sign of excitement of any kind!

Back