• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

18 million guaranteed...

Well, at least the Raleigh area sports radio is reporting that the Wake fanbase "natives are restless with Manning's head scratching losses in year 5." We need all the help that we can get for a new coach in 2019. :thumbsup:

Shaka disciple who just beat his former boss. Doing a very good job there -- we could do worse!

Well, at least the Raleigh area sports radio is reporting that the Wake fanbase "natives are restless with Manning's head scratching losses in year 5." We need all the help that we can get for a new coach in 2019. :thumbsup:

Lest we forget the head-scratching losses that began season 4...:wtftard:

Canning Manning, sing it with me, Henry.

LOL at CL Brown comments. Dude grew up near Winston as a huge Tarheel. As a writer for the Louisville Courier Journal, he penned a big hit piece on Wake Forest prior to the Orange Bowl in 2006. His comments are akins to Kryzewskis congratulating us on the [Redacted] hire in 2010. What a fucking joke

Our next coach playing Kentucky right now.

Can we get one of those game threads for that?

UNCG down two with the ball with two minutes to play. Would WF be down 15 or 20 by this point?

Up 3 at half. How would Danny Manning do with So Con talent at Kentucky. Half time 16-46?

For the record, Coach Manning's reportable compensation (i.e. salary) for FY 2016 was $1,712,884, according to WFU's IRS Form 990 (available at guidestar.org). His "other compensation" was $38,144 (usually most of such "other comp." is retirement contributions).

For the sake of comparison, Coach Clawson's 2016 salary was $1,789,226 with the same $38K in other compensation.

Given those facts, it seem unlikely that Coach Manning's salary would have increased to $3M per year when he was given a contract extension.
The fact that Manning is anywhere close to Clawson is bullshit.

Manning's contract could be backloaded, starting at 2 and progressing up to 4 and still be worth 18 over 6 years. It wouldn't need to jump from 1.7 to 3 and stay at 3.

LOL at CL Brown comments. Dude grew up near Winston as a huge Tarheel. As a writer for the Louisville Courier Journal, he penned a big hit piece on Wake Forest prior to the Orange Bowl in 2006. His comments are akins to Kryzewskis congratulating us on the [Redacted] hire in 2010. What a fucking joke

His article on the Athletic was better than those comments, but still far too optimistic.

“If you were to ask me when we started out and we brought in the recruiting class of (John) Collins, (Doral) Moore and (Bryant) Crawford. The plan was for them to be seniors this year.”

It really grinds my gears that Manning can say the above while also using the “that’s just college basketball” excuse for all of the player attrition.

If it’s not surprising that kids leave the program, then how in the fuck is your defense for this year that you expected to have those 3 seniors still around?

“If you were to ask me when we started out and we brought in the recruiting class of (John) Collins, (Doral) Moore and (Bryant) Crawford. The plan was for them to be seniors this year.”

It really grinds my gears that Manning can say the above while also using the “that’s just college basketball” excuse for all of the player attrition.

If it’s not surprising that kids leave the program, then how in the fuck is your defense for this year that you expected to have those 3 seniors still around?

Maybe if your players wouldn't literally rather be anywhere other than playing for you... Players went to community colleges, Israel, the G-league. Pretty much anywhere to get away from Danny Manning.

Back