• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

18 million guaranteed...

giphy.gif

If that's the case, Manning is clearly trying his damn best to get fired. A great prize would await him immediately if he were to be fired.

If that's the case, Manning is clearly trying his damn best to get fired. A great prize would await him immediately if he were to be fired.

Right. What's the incentive for him to stay at Wake? He can just fail and fund his retirement.

Would Wellman have done this on purpose to make it impossible to make a move he didn't want. A poison pill. Didn't he extend redacted in year 2 or 3?

If this is true, it's up there with JaMarcus Russell, Josh Hamilton and Jon Gruden as the worst sports contract.

Time for Donald Ross to step up! That buyout is chump change, right?

Manning should be forced to give about 17 million of that to John Collins. What a fucking joke.

We need EVERY deep pocketed donor to step the fuck up and bail us out of this mess. Ron then needs to "resign" and we need to forget the last 10 years actually happened.

Manning's NBA earnings were shy of $60 million over a 16 year career. He was rumored to have made $1.5 million on his initial contract. So he's looking at making $22.5 million in 9 years from Wake.

Manning should be forced to give about 17 million of that to John Collins. What a fucking joke.

Big man Mit can handle this.

If this is true, it's up there with JaMarcus Russell, Josh Hamilton and Jon Gruden as the worst sports contract.

Paul Hewitt has to be on the list with his evergreen contract extension.

And like WF, GT basketball is dead after a long proud history of competing with honor in the ACC.

I'm just refusing to believe this is true because nobody could be that stupid

Sneaking into the tournament in a conference where over half the teams make it with the best player in said conference means you get $18 milly guaranteed.

Ron, you're a fucking moron

I'm just refusing to believe this is true because nobody could be that stupid

That's where I am. Then again, I'm as negative as they come about Wake basketball right now, and even I didn't think this year's team could be as bad as they've been so far.

I am sitting here just absolutely flabbergasted. That number is so ridiculous it's impossible to believe, even for Wellman. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit.

this...

Back