• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

18 million guaranteed...

If this news is true and Danny is here for the foreseeable future, I will not be.

I have stayed through the past 9 years of awfulness, but I am close to done. I grew up looking forward to this time of year and following Wake basketball passionately.

If this shit is not rectified soon, I will be gone. If gone, I doubt anything would get me back.

I assume there are a lot of others as well. Many probably quit caring a long time ago.

What has Goodman ever been wrong about? I'd put him pretty close to the Woj / Schefter of college hoops.

As much as hes a douche he's as well sourced as it gets and pretty much spot on all the time. For you guys sake, I hope this is wrong. Woof.

If this news is true and Danny is here for the foreseeable future, I will not be.

I have stayed through the past 9 years of awfulness, but I am close to done. I grew up looking forward to this time of year and following Wake basketball passionately.

If this shit is not rectified soon, I will be gone. If gone, I doubt anything would get me back.

I assume there are a lot of others as well. Many probably quit caring a long time ago.

If you haven't quit by now, I kinda doubt that you ever will

The only thing keeping me here is thinking that we are just a hire away. If that hire is not coming for years, bye.

We were all hoping for another rerun of Danny and the miracles with our Deacs thinking it was to take the Deacs back to glory after [ ]'s debacle.

Danny has pulled another miracle, but unfortunately it has nothing to do with our Deacs becoming a better team! Instead it is the worse ACC coach ever pulling the best ACC contract ever.

Only @ WF!

The best (or worst) contract ever was that one that Paul Hewitt had at GT. Every year would add another year onto the end of the contract to always give him 5 years. LOL, what kind of bozo negotiated that deal?

And with that, Wake Forest disappeared into irrelevancy- now keeping company with DePaul and St. John's as once proud programs that are now complete afterthoughts.

The best (or worst) contract ever was that one that Paul Hewitt had at GT. Every year would add another year onto the end of the contract to always give him 5 years. LOL, what kind of bozo negotiated that deal?

I will say this, GT was a lot better under Hewitt than they have been since he got fired. He went to a Final 4, right? Have they even been in the NCAA tourney since his departure?

i am an optimist by nature, but i must say this 18 million and 6 year crap has given me a headache. I cannot fathom that we will stand idly by as our College falls further to the mediocrity black hole. Another few years of this there will be nobody left and we have already wasted the good will and effort that Odom and Prosser did to get excitement to our fan-base. it is not easy at Wake...fucking all gone!

I know I am not the one that said it, but it depends on what you mean by quit. I am out of state and haven't been to a b-ball game in at least 10 years. I used to try and get to at least one a season. Also, I am already at the point in the season where I have no desire to watch games in real time. It's just not worth my time and sanity to watch garbage basketball. I'll keep up with the scores and then watch a replay, if it looks like the game is watchable. The games are supposed to be entertainment. Watching a team play horrible defense, confused offense, and struggle against teams that have less talent is far from entertaining.

I will say this, GT was a lot better under Hewitt than they have been since he got fired. He went to a Final 4, right? Have they even been in the NCAA tourney since his departure?

Hewitt did go to a Final 4 (and won a game there)

But he was 9-7 in the ACC that year, which was his only winning season of 11 in the ACC. And he had replaced Cremins, so GT was accustomed to better than that.

I don’t know whether the buyout of Hewitt’s contract limited GT and forced them to hire Gregory. I just know other than for 3 weeks in one season, they’ve been worse than their fan base has expected for 20 years now.

Hewitt did go to a Final 4 (and won a game there)

But he was 9-7 in the ACC that year, which was his only winning season of 11 in the ACC. And he had replaced Cremins, so GT was accustomed to better than that.

I don’t know whether the buyout of Hewitt’s contract limited GT and forced them to hire Gregory. I just know other than for 3 weeks in one season, they’ve been worse than their fan base has expected for 20 years now.

To be fair, the ACC that season was statistically the best conference since 2002 and i'd wager it was the best conference in the last 30ish years. That season was nuts.

This is reallly bad, you can kiss a coaching change goodbye for atleast 4 years. Holy shit our bball program will have been set back 2 decades after Manning is gone.

To be fair, the ACC that season was statistically the best conference since 2002 and i'd wager it was the best conference in the last 30ish years. That season was nuts.

True. He had 10 other chances to finish above .500 in conference.

Back