• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

18 million guaranteed...

In this era, I find it hard to believe that even Wellman would be that stupid.

You DO realize this is the same guy who hired [Redacted] and then proceeded to compare him to John Wooden on a live, post-game broadcast? Right?

I know I am not the one that said it, but it depends on what you mean by quit. I am out of state and haven't been to a b-ball game in at least 10 years. I used to try and get to at least one a season. Also, I am already at the point in the season where I have no desire to watch games in real time. It's just not worth my time and sanity to watch garbage basketball. I'll keep up with the scores and then watch a replay, if it looks like the game is watchable. The games are supposed to be entertainment. Watching a team play horrible defense, confused offense, and struggle against teams that have less talent is far from entertaining.

More of an emotional thing. Up until now, I have still cared. It mattered to me whether Wake won or lost. Played well or did not. Logically, there is no reason to care anyway.

If that contract is true, Wake is run by truly unintelligent people that do not care about the school. If so, they deserve this shit.

The best (or worst) contract ever was that one that Paul Hewitt had at GT. Every year would add another year onto the end of the contract to always give him 5 years. LOL, what kind of bozo negotiated that deal?

Oddly enough I was an intern at a sports agency for 6 months after college, and we represented Paul Hewitt, so I know the exact person who negotiated that brilliant deal (from Hewitt's side).

There is a reason this news has surfaced. It is not by chance. The terms of the contract are so bad they are bound to provoke a reaction. The reaction will need to be addressed. Hoopla might be right. There could be major infighting regarding the basketball program and this leak is designed to shed light on the matter.

It would explain why Manning survived last year's shit show. Now just enjoy another five turd burgers and this will all be over.

Vultures are extremely important animals to healthy functioning ecosystems. Fascinating animals, really, but rather smelly.

What type of bird would be best suited to be an athletic director?

Vultures are pretty awesome. My area is an old hunting ground and ranch, so vultures still live here. If there is roadkill in the morning, it's stripped clean or gone by the afternoon. I don't know how a vulture would perform all the duties of the AD, but I do know a vulture would clean up this carcass of a program quick enough to start over.

There is a reason this news has surfaced. It is not by chance. The terms of the contract are so bad they are bound to provoke a reaction. The reaction will need to be addressed. Hoopla might be right. There could be major infighting regarding the basketball program and this leak is designed to shed light on the matter.

I hope you are onto something as would be great if someone did leak it in hopes of having King Ronnie boy dethroned when his astute abilities are laid bare for the world to see and we start to again become the laughingstock of all the Bball and athletic world to the point folks have to do something to fix. Just not sure what Hatch's or BOT's threshold is when it comes to Don Ron.

This is reallly bad, you can kiss a coaching change goodbye for atleast 4 years. Holy shit our bball program will have been set back 2 decades after Manning is gone.

If true, Wellman should be fired immediately for cause.

If there are five years and $15m left, Wellman will not be around to hire the replacement.

Sadly, neither will any of the fans.

What type of bird would be best suited to be an athletic director?

Breeder Male or Female Scrub Jay. These are cooperative breeders and the core breeding pair have to recruit, retain and direct a team of other scrub jays to help raise the babies each year and defend the territory. So the breeding pair have to be good talent evaporators to attract and keep the right helpers, but they also have to be willing to unload dead weight and kick members out of the group if they aren't really helping.

In addition- didn’t the ACC journal just release a ‘trouble with Manning’ type article a couple of days ago? It’s behind a paywall so I haven’t read it.

Somebody ought to tap Wellman’s 401 for the buyout. I cannotstand what he has done to our once proud program. What a nightmare.

Vultures are extremely important animals to healthy functioning ecosystems. Fascinating animals, really, but rather smelly.

A lasting memory of zipping around in my Jag convertible in the Northern Neck of Virginia was coming across several turkey buzzards picking at the carcass of a road-kill skunk. The smell was incredible, unforgetable, even after all these years the worst smell I can ever recall.

By the way, what's the difference between a vulture and a buzzard?

No one is on board for the master 10 year rebuilding plan?

By 2024, WF will dominate the likes of HBU and WCU, maybe even Liberty, going to be awesome.

Back