• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

18 million guaranteed...

bigboy8

Reaction score
Just saw thats what Wellman gave to Manning on the last extension. So to fire Manning its gotta be a buyout. Woooof that is really bad..

Jeff Goodman on twitter, he did a podcast and someone posted it..

Last edited:
– Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman signed Danny Manning to a six-year extension that runs through 2024-25 nearly a year ago to the day. A source told me that the deal is fully guaranteed, meaning that Wake is on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $18 million if it makes a move to let go of Manning. The first couple of years, and a 24-39 mark, were on the previous regime. But after a 19-14 record and an NCAA tourney bid in 2016-17, Wake went 11-20 last season and has started out 4-2 this year with a loss this past weekend to Houston Baptist.

https://watchstadium.com/news/bol-b...e-from-this-week-in-college-hoops-11-28-2018/

So we signed Manning to a 6 year, $18 million deal after making the freaking First Four.

Holy fucking shit. That is epic level fleecing right there, like all time.

"– Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman signed Danny Manning to a six-year extension that runs through 2024-25 nearly a year ago to the day. A source told me that the deal is fully guaranteed, meaning that Wake is on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $18 million if it makes a move to let go of Manning. The first couple of years, and a 24-39 mark, were on the previous regime. But after a 19-14 record and an NCAA tourney bid in 2016-17, Wake went 11-20 last season and has started out 4-2 this year with a loss this past weekend to Houston Baptist."

https://watchstadium.com/news/bol-b...e-from-this-week-in-college-hoops-11-28-2018/

Malpractice if true

In this era, I find it hard to believe that even Wellman would be that stupid.

"Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman signed Danny Manning to a six-year extension that runs through 2024-25 nearly a year ago to the day. A source told me that the deal is fully guaranteed, meaning that Wake is on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $18 million if it makes a move to let go of Manning. The first couple of years, and a 24-39 mark, were on the previous regime. But after a 19-14 record and an NCAA tourney bid in 2016-17, Wake went 11-20 last season and has started out 4-2 this year with a loss this past weekend to Houston Baptist."

Holy shit, that is terrible. Goodman is as legit as it gets.

Oh my god, that is awful.

So awful that I don't believe it.

Why do this for a coach who, by all accounts, had zero other options?

Ron Wellman is great at his job! I hope he has K vampire blood in him and never retires from Wake!

So after this year... 4 years, 12 mil left?

Hoping Wes Miller will work for literal peanuts.

I am sitting here just absolutely flabbergasted. That number is so ridiculous it's impossible to believe, even for Wellman. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit.

Yeah that's all she wrote folks. Danny aint going nowhere. Time to get behind the D-Train and pray for the occasional NIT appearance.

IF (and that's a big IF for now) that's true, it's time for a full-on billboard, twitterbot, airplane banner campaign calling out Wellman and Manning. If Manning is guaranteed through the end of 2025 season, the only way he goes is if he's so uncomfortable that he decides to walk away himself. There's no way someone is going to step up and fund that kind of buyout.

Back