• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeffrey Epstein

Moonz is not the kind of personality we want being further deluded by religion.

Don’t know if he can become more deluded, would just be a different kind of delusion

Listened to On Point's discussion of Epstein and Acosta. One guest revealed a particularly sinister piece of the case against Epstein. He recruited teenage girls from around the world. This was global operation. Once girls reached 17 they were considered to be "too old" but they were still financially dependent on Epstein, so he sent them out to recruit younger girls by promising them they'd be models or to pay for their education.

Listened to On Point's discussion of Epstein and Acosta. One guest revealed a particularly sinister piece of the case against Epstein. He recruited teenage girls from around the world. This was global operation. Once girls reached 17 they were considered to be "too old" but they were still financially dependent on Epstein, so he sent them out to recruit younger girls by promising them they'd be models or to pay for their education.

From what little I've read about this, it is literally wicked. I mean, you can't get much more sinister and evil than what these people were doing. Yet Epstein and his associates have gotten away with this for decades, apparently, and there's still a good chance that none of them may pay any real price for what they've done to literally thousands of vulnerable, underage girls. If you had to choose one modern legal case that symbolizes how powerful and rich people of all political stripes have gamed our legal and cultural and political system, and of how our legal system is clearly and blatantly biased towards these people, then the Epstein case would be a great one to pick.

Last edited:
From what little I've read about this, it is literally wicked. I mean, you can't get much more sinister and evil than what these people were doing.

Agree 100%.

Yet Epstein and his associates have gotten away with this for decades

So why is this story just gaining traction in the MSM? Did the NYT not employ investigative journalists 20 years ago?

Agree 100%.

So why is this story just gaining traction in the MSM? Did the NYT not employ investigative journalists 20 years ago?

Friends in high places, in both political parties. My guess is that the MSM either was warned off on investigating Epstein, or told by those in the know that nothing improper was going on, so it was just ignored for a long, long time. No doubt prominent and powerful men from all political stripes and ideologies, the corporate world, and probably Hollywood and the Entertainment industry are involved, as are wealthy foreigners. Again, wicked stuff.

ETA: I should add friends in high places, not only in both political parties, but also in the corporate and business world, legal and judicial professions, and entertainment industry. They all have the ability and power to influence stories and reporter investigations, even at the NY Times and other large media outlets.

Last edited:
A copy of parts of Acosta's speech have leaked. Here are a few of the points:

The fourteen year old girls wanted to have sex with the old men.

They got VIP trips to Disneyworld.

Like at soccer games, the girls got orange slices after giving happy endings.

The girls got frequent flyer miles.

Epstein wasn't allowed to go to fin dining lunches during the twelve hours away from jail six days a week. He was made to have Jack-in-the Box three times a week.

Agree 100%.

I guess you have no problem with serial pedophiles getting away with their heinous crimes if not immediately charged. The hell with the victims!

Friends in high places, in both political parties. My guess is that the MSM either was warned off on investigating Epstein, or told by those in the know that nothing improper was going on, so it was just ignored for a long, long time. No doubt prominent and powerful men from all political stripes and ideologies, the corporate world, and probably Hollywood and the Entertainment industry are involved, as are wealthy foreigners. Again, wicked stuff.

ETA: I should add friends in high places, not only in both political parties, but also in the corporate and business world, legal and judicial professions, and entertainment industry. They all have the ability and power to influence stories and reporter investigations, even at the NY Times and other large media outlets.

This story isn't new. The story has been out there for awhile. That's why Republicans were planning on using it against Hillary until Trump got the nomination.

The reason the story is gaining traction now is that the lawsuit was filed against Epstein in New York. There's news. There's a new event for the press to cover.

This story isn't new. The story has been out there for awhile. That's why Republicans were planning on using it against Hillary until Trump got the nomination.

The reason the story is gaining traction now is that the lawsuit was filed against Epstein in New York. There's news. There's a new event for the press to cover.

I had heard from a guy with DC pol connections back at Xmas, 2015 that Pubs were planning on using some Bubba sex stuff against Hillary in 2016. I dismissed it at the time, but then it came up on Morning Joe a few months later and then disappeared again. And I agree with you that the reason it disappeared was that both Bubba and Trump have some potential liability due to their Epstein connections. (But it's criminal charges that have been filed in SD NY, not a civil suit.)

The problem I have with the MSM is that this has been a story before, but it's only blowing up now. It was a story when Acosta and his team gave Epstein a sweetheart plea deal, but that only got regional coverage. And in a sense I get the regionality of it because it was mostly a FL story, but at the same time, this was still a sex story, a horrible plea deal, and the guy had yuge friends in high places. Seems like an enterprising news outlet would have been more interested in doing some investigative journalism, to the extent it still exists. Then it was a story again when Trump and Clinton ran against each other. You had a presidential nominee and a former president and spouse of the other nominee who had ties to a known sex trafficking pedophile. Yet the MSM (and I include Fox and One America here because they didn't run with it either) briefly brought it up but then ignored it. Then it was an issue when Trump nominated Acosta to be Labor secretary, but it didn't get a lot of play back then. Maybe that's because he was otherwise 1 of Trump's less controversial cabinet nominees. But now that long last criminal charges have finally been filed again, and the story has been laid out for the MSM on a silver platter via a written indictment and the prosecutor's presser, the MSM is all over it. It appears to me that the MSM engages in precious little investigative journalism these days and is quite lazy. Seems there is no investigative journalism from any cable news outlet and little outside of the NYT and Washington Post.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07/trump-and-epstein-and-28-girls-new-york-times

At the very first party, I said, ‘Who’s coming tonight? I have 28 girls coming.’ It was him and Epstein,” Houraney recalled. “I said, ‘Donald, this is supposed to be a party with V.I.P.s. You’re telling me it’s you and Epstein?’” The anecdote underscores the friendship between the pair, and suggests that their relationship proceeded in spite of warnings about Epstein’s behavior. Houraney “pretty much had to ban Jeff from my events,” he said. “Trump didn’t care about that.”

Also attitudes have drastically changed in the last year due to the brave women who decided that they were no longer going to keep Quiet about rape and sexual assault. The metoo movement has moved the needle on this issue to where it can no longer just be swept away,

I had heard from a guy with DC pol connections back at Xmas, 2015 that Pubs were planning on using some Bubba sex stuff against Hillary in 2016. I dismissed it at the time, but then it came up on Morning Joe a few months later and then disappeared again. And I agree with you that the reason it disappeared was that both Bubba and Trump have some potential liability due to their Epstein connections. (But it's criminal charges that have been filed in SD NY, not a civil suit.)

The problem I have with the MSM is that this has been a story before, but it's only blowing up now. It was a story when Acosta and his team gave Epstein a sweetheart plea deal, but that only got regional coverage. And in a sense I get the regionality of it because it was mostly a FL story, but at the same time, this was still a sex story, a horrible plea deal, and the guy had yuge friends in high places. Seems like an enterprising news outlet would have been more interested in doing some investigative journalism, to the extent it still exists. Then it was a story again when Trump and Clinton ran against each other. You had a presidential nominee and a former president and spouse of the other nominee who had ties to a known sex trafficking pedophile. Yet the MSM (and I include Fox and One America here because they didn't run with it either) briefly brought it up but then ignored it. Then it was an issue when Trump nominated Acosta to be Labor secretary, but it didn't get a lot of play back then. Maybe that's because he was otherwise 1 of Trump's less controversial cabinet nominees. But now that long last criminal charges have finally been filed again, and the story has been laid out for the MSM on a silver platter via a written indictment and the prosecutor's presser, the MSM is all over it. It appears to me that the MSM engages in precious little investigative journalism these days and is quite lazy. Seems there is no investigative journalism from any cable news outlet and little outside of the NYT and Washington Post.

Yeah. It's about content. Content is content whether it's a well-sourced story, a Trump tweet, a poll, or an opinion piece.

Also attitudes have drastically changed in the last year due to the brave women who decided that they were no longer going to keep Quiet about rape and sexual assault. The metoo movement has moved the needle on this issue to where it can no longer just be swept away,

Good point. I think the Weinstein stuff broke in the Fall of 2017, and #metoo erupted after that. That said, sex scandals have been a thing with presidential candidates and the MSM ever since Gary Hart. Almost 30 years after the Hart scandal, you had some mentions of Epstein in 2016, and you had both Bubba and Trump linked to this known sex trafficking pedophile. I still think most of the MSM is incapable of independent thought and real journalism, and they completely dropped the ball on this story until they were force fed by the SD NY the other day.

I still think most of the MSM is incapable of independent thought and real journalism, and they completely dropped the ball on this story until they were force fed by the SD NY the other day.

Yep - The MSM (including Fox News and OAN) is too busy waving pom poms for their preferred team to actually investigate and report the news.

Stories get buried and sometimes even killed because they don't fit the "Go team GO" narrative.

That's not journalism... it's propaganda.

Yep - The MSM (including Fox News and OAN) is too busy waving pom poms for their preferred team to actually investigate and report the news.

Stories get buried and sometimes even killed because they don't fit the "Go team GO" narrative.

That's not journalism... it's propaganda.

This story broke because of investigative journalism. If the victims were not willing to talk in 2008, then there is no story to report, aside from the obvious guilty plea. But as far as the cable news outlets go, I largely agree. They are almost all opinion pieces now - very little news in the traditional sense.

"these were hard cases. We wanted him to go to jail."

I wonder how many 16 yo girls Epstein hired to "work" in his office during his 6 days a week, 12 hours/day "work release".

"these were hard cases. We wanted him to go to jail."

I wonder how many 16 yo girls Epstein hired to "work" in his office during his 6 days a week, 12 hours/day "work release".

Per Acosta, it was the state that allowed the work release. Taking him at his word that he did not know this would be the result, I do not think it is fair to hang this on him. Assuming he's shooting straight up there, I think he has done a good (not great) job explaining why the decision was made. He's still not good on TV so he's gone.

Back