• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeffrey Epstein

Not to mention that Gawker was put out of business for posting BS and still owe Hulk Hogan over $100M for a judgement.

Now, that's a solid source if I've ever seen one!!!

A couple of thoughts. First, if these are substantially the same charges as before, I'm not sure how the feds get around double jeopardy. Any thoughts from any prosecutors or criminal defense attorneys? Second, this won't look particularly good for either party. Epstein was a Dem political operative back in the day, so in terms of numbers, more Dems than Pubs could face unwelcome scrutiny from any Epstein revelations. Though because Epstein hasn't been active with the party in over a decade, I doubt many current high office holding Dems would be implicated. The 4 people who could really be damaged by Epstein information are Acosta, Trump, Dershowitz and Bill Clinton. Acosta was the Florida prosecutor who gave Epstein his sweetheart 13 month deal. OTOH, even if Acosta would have to resign, losing a Labor secretary isn't yuge. Dershowitz has been accused of rape by 1 of the young women who worked for or was associated with Epstein. Maybe this is the reason for his change in political sides over the last few years. And both Trump and Bubba have allegedly flown on the Lolita Express and have been to Sex Slave Island. Bubba's reputation could be completely trashed by Epstein revelations, though few of us here would care. OTOH, revelations of Trump being on the Lolita Express or attending soirees on Sex Slave Island probably won't harm his approval numbers at all, and Falwell Jr. and Franklin Graham will likely stand by their man.

I’d assume these are different charges. And I feel safe in that assumption because if we have learned anything about the super rich in the last few years it’s that even if they get caught with something, they don’t just learn from their mistakes and stop doing it.

Well said.

I could care less who gets snared in this. Anybody involved in sex trafficking needs to go to prison.

Not to mention that Gawker was put out of business for posting BS and still owe Hulk Hogan over $100M for a judgement.

Now, that's a solid source if I've ever seen one!!!

Lol

Gawker was sued for posting parts of a sex tape

Wtf are you talking about?

Apparently, slick Willie visited Orgy Island 20 times; Killary 6 times.

Tick tock

Apparently, slick Willie visited Orgy Island 20 times; Killary 6 times.

Tick tock

The difference between us is I will happily watch both of them go to prison for crimes they commit because no one is above the law, and you will deflect and defend no matter what. Plus, Bill is a bad person anyway and Hillary is irrelevant now.

Qanon. Awesome.

Other headlines on that site:

(((Star Of David/Remphan))) found near potential demolition of underground DUMB (or SAM site?)

Bill & Hillary: Murders, Lies, Money Laundering, Drug Running, Child Sex, Prostitutes

A couple of thoughts. First, if these are substantially the same charges as before, I'm not sure how the feds get around double jeopardy. Any thoughts from any prosecutors or criminal defense attorneys? Second, this won't look particularly good for either party. Epstein was a Dem political operative back in the day, so in terms of numbers, more Dems than Pubs could face unwelcome scrutiny from any Epstein revelations. Though because Epstein hasn't been active with the party in over a decade, I doubt many current high office holding Dems would be implicated. The 4 people who could really be damaged by Epstein information are Acosta, Trump, Dershowitz and Bill Clinton. Acosta was the Florida prosecutor who gave Epstein his sweetheart 13 month deal. OTOH, even if Acosta would have to resign, losing a Labor secretary isn't yuge. Dershowitz has been accused of rape by 1 of the young women who worked for or was associated with Epstein. Maybe this is the reason for his change in political sides over the last few years. And both Trump and Bubba have allegedly flown on the Lolita Express and have been to Sex Slave Island. Bubba's reputation could be completely trashed by Epstein revelations, though few of us here would care. OTOH, revelations of Trump being on the Lolita Express or attending soirees on Sex Slave Island probably won't harm his approval numbers at all, and Falwell Jr. and Franklin Graham will likely stand by their man.

The charges Epstein plead guilty to were state-level charges. He was granted immunity on the federal crimes. It’s possible that he violated his immunity agreement which would void the immunity.

It’s also possible that these are charges on unrelated conduct not subject to the immunity agreement.

SCOTUS just ruled this term that federal and state proceedings for the same activity do not violate the double jeopardy clause.

Back