• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeffrey Epstein

Acosta did get a job at the law firm that represented Epstein after giving him this deal. Doesn't that smell?

That would smell a whole lot, but I don't see anything in any bio about Acosta going into private practice anywhere after his US Attorney job.

That would smell a whole lot, but I don't see anything in any bio about Acosta going into private practice anywhere after his US Attorney job.

My bad. Acosta worked with Kirkland & Ellis prior to this incident and knew the person from Kirkland & Ellis with whom he made the outrageous deal for Epstein.

Granted, that's not as bad as getting a gig afterwards, but it does stink.

Is that the defense from the right now? “The true geniuses like Stephen Hawking and Donald Trump associated with Epstein!”

It was a question. The fuck are you talking about? I just found it odd that, of all people, Stephen Hawking was a guest.

It was a question. The fuck are you talking about? I just found it odd that, of all people, Stephen Hawking was a guest.

My post was a question too. I don’t know how conservative media are spinning this.

Hey, understanding the universe, power, movement and other factors could be helpful in bed.

Just because we never saw him out of his chair in public doesn't mean he wasn't a freak in bed. He could have prioritized the energy he had.

Hey, understanding the universe, power, movement and other factors could be helpful in bed.

Just because we never saw him out of his chair in public doesn't mean he wasn't a freak in bed. He could have prioritized the energy he had.

Maybe Epstein was doing Hawking a solid like Jim Jefferies did for his friend with muscular dystrophy. And he gave him a submarine ride so he could see the Caribbean underwater. So I'm willing to make room for the possibility that Epstein was only mostly completely evil and had a soft side for brilliant physicists with ALS.

Maybe Epstein was doing Hawking a solid like Jim Jefferies did for his friend with muscular dystrophy. And he gave him a submarine ride so he could see the Caribbean underwater. So I'm willing to make room for the possibility that Epstein was only mostly completely evil and had a soft side for brilliant physicists with ALS.

Good take. I agree.

Someone gave a brief statement from the office disputing Acosta, basically stating that the feds had a 53 page indictment ready to go if they felt the state case was so badly handled.

Yes, there absolutely was something rotten in the state of that plea agreement. And I was thinking about this again today. I've known several prosecutors and many defense attorneys over the years. A case like Epstein's was 1 most prosecutors would love to sink their teeth into. For those of you who have read Bonfire of the Vanities, it's like that - the Great White Defendant. At least around here, most cases, especially the more violent crimes, involve prosecuting poor blacks and rednecks. When you get a case like the UVA lax case where Huguely killed his girlfriend, you better believe the City prosecutors were extremely into that case (and pressed for 1st degree when it was really a 2nd degree case). We also had a case about 15-20 years ago where the prosecutors believed a rich girlfriend was the vortex behind a murder and prosecuted her as well even though she wasn't at the scene - and they lost on a jury verdict, but they had vigorously pursued it. For Acosta to agree to a plea deal like that for a rich guy (who we don't quite know how he got so rich), there had to be some extremely powerful interests protecting him and leaning on Acosta. Either that or he was more than willing to let a rich pedophile off with a slap on the wrist. I think it's gotta be the former.

Remember, the Secretary of Labor who's currently under fire for cutting a deal with an alleged pedophile and serial rapist is only the Secretary of Labor because Trump's *original* nominee for Secretary of Labor had to withdraw over allegations that he had abused his ex-wife.

Also, remember that the 2016 RNC Finance Chairman who's been accused of multiple counts of rape is different from the 2016 RNC Deputy Finance Chairman who paid for a Playmate's abortion and different from the *other* 2016 RNC Deputy Finance Chairman who is now in prison.

2 of the 9 Supreme Court Justices, the Lt. Governor of Virginia, and the President of the United States have all been credibly accused of serious sexual misconduct, up to and including forcible rape.

(Stolen from Twitter)

I’m not trying to pick on Townie, but could we please drop the modifier “forcible” from descriptions of rape? Rape is by definition forced.

In related news, R. Kelly was arrested for federal sex trafficking charges. Catch ‘em all.

Back