• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy admits his coaching sucks, how long until Danny does?

To be specific the question was why is the defense still such an issue and Danny's response was:

"We have to get better. I know I keep saying that. We'll keep working on it, but across the board I have to coach it better, we've got to retain it better."

In the same sentence he takes responsibility he throws his players under the bus. He should have stopped at "I have to coach it better"

Add to that, this is the only time in 5 seasons he has ever uttered words stating he needs to coach better. What about after a loss to Houston Baptist? He couldn't have said he needs to coach better in that post-game presser?

To be specific the question was why is the defense still such an issue and Danny's response was:

"We have to get better. I know I keep saying that. We'll keep working on it, but across the board I have to coach it better, we've got to retain it better."

In the same sentence he takes responsibility he throws his players under the bus. He should have stopped at "I have to coach it better"

:squint:

That’s not really throwing players under the bus. They do suck at defense. Maybe some of that is them. That’s ok to say. I don’t care what he says about it. I care what he does about it, or in this case doesn’t seem to do about it. That’s why you move on in a different direction. I don’t care who talks about it, I care who is about it.

Roy says that his team stinks.

He's not yet smelled our team up close and personal.

Back