• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Send Danny your questions for TONIGHT

I want a good bball coach that had the same passion as Clawson. Kids love a coach worth passion that will fight for them.

Question: How would you explain a player that had a year left and knew he wasn't getting drafted but still decided leaving your school was a better option than staying and getting his degree and playing for you?

File this in the "absurdly random and probably bullshit" category but this question reminded me - we sold our townhouse in Alexandria a few months ago and the guys that moved the staging furniture in saw my Wake hat and gave me a "Go Deacs!" while we were waiting for the decor folks. They said their boy went there and started on the basketball team. I asked what position, they said point guard. I was like, you guys are buddies of Crawford? They said "hell yeah we hang out whenever he's in town." This was right after the draft, so I had to ask if he really thought he was going to get drafted. They said hell no, just felt like he'd done his time playing at the country club, knew he'd get paid to play somewhere. Plus no more fucking classes.

I think the answer to the question is that Manning sells his name recognition, his NBA ties, knowing how to get guys paid to play - but none of it really has anything to do with Wake Forest. He never talks about Wake like Clawson talks about Wake. Kids not on track to get paid leave. Kids ready to get paid and give zero shits about Wake leave.

*files DCDeac post in usual place*

Just joking. That’s good stuff. Lines up with what we thought at the time.

Man, I miss Skip. He would answer any question any fan/student asked. He also showed up at the Joel before big games the night before handing out pizzas to students camping out for the best seats for the big ACC games. Wow how times have changed.

I used to call Odom and Skip 2 or 3 times per show, changing my name and trying to change my voice each time. I asked Odom why Skip Brown’s number hadn’t been retired. Odom said he would make inquiry. By the end of the season, WF was hanging #15 in the rafters. I asked Skip if Kyle Visser was his best shot blocker. He said yes. I then said it was tough for Visser to block shots sitting beside Skip. He laughed and agreed. Those were the good old days.

Some of you guys are super fans. I couldn't imagine listening to Danny Manning on purpose for more than a minute. Say nothing in the most boring way possible. Pause. Do it again.

I think the players and other coaches feel the same way,

I want a good bball coach that had the same passion as Clawson. Kids love a coach worth passion that will fight for them.

Agreed. It really is almost as simple as this. Brains, passion and ability to relate to recruits. I think it takes all 3 to be a successful D1 coach.

Some of you guys are super fans. I couldn't imagine listening to Danny Manning on purpose for more than a minute. Say nothing in the most boring way possible. Pause. Do it again.

this guy gets it

Watching the 30 For 30 on Bobby Knight brought back memories of listening to his radio show back in his heyday. He would give a 1 or 2 word answer with a sneer in his voice if he didn't find the question worth his time. Boring answers but an entertaining show.

Might have missed it but next time someone needs to ask Danny how he feels about making a pizza with a tortilla

I think the 2nd Danny Manning show it tonight. It will be interesting if they have technical issues again that will prevent them from taking questions.

I wonder how much more Stan will cover for Danny on the show. Last show the was doing his best with things like, oh kids today don't want to play defense, it's so hard to teach with kids wanting to be on ESPN top 10 ect. I saw a couple days ago Stan posted something about wakes NET ratings being abysmal. I know wake pays his salary but at a certain point he won't be able to cover up this shit sandwich anymore. I bet more than anyone he's like, thank God for clawson.

I wonder how much more Stan will cover for Danny on the show. Last show the was doing his best with things like, oh kids today don't want to play defense, it's so hard to teach with kids wanting to be on ESPN top 10 ect. I saw a couple days ago Stan posted something about wakes NET ratings being abysmal. I know wake pays his salary but at a certain point he won't be able to cover up this shit sandwich anymore. I bet more than anyone he's like, thank God for clawson.

Probably as much as Ronnie tells him to.

ManningShowWed.jpg

Wonder how much "happy juice" they had to give Danny to get that much of an expression on his face for that picture?

Is Jeff Goodman's report that Wake owes you $18 million if it fires you true?

Answer is NO, as I can't imagine we would have a contract written like that for anybody, even John Wooden if he came back.

Answer is NO, as I can't imagine we would have a contract written like that for anybody, even John Wooden if he came back.

Ohhhh, I think we are on to something here, especially if we have that $18M buyout. Go up to Lily Dale, NY, hire a medium to channel the spirit of John Wooden, and have this medium be our new "coach" relating messages from Wooden.

Stan was laughing and chuckling during the broadcast of the Richmond game while we were down double digits late in the 2nd half.

Back