• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Send Danny your questions for TONIGHT

At some point Wake should just rest the talent, like NFL/NBA teams do and let Stan stay home. Pay him anyways. Can't imagine how hard it is to sit there, grin, and take it.

At some point Wake should just rest the talent, like NFL/NBA teams do and let Stan stay home. Pay him anyways. Can't imagine how hard it is to sit there, grin, and take it.

Yeah make fill in guy do some of the game. Need to get a sub in for Dinger, watching that crap is probably hard on him too.

xxx-sbs15.jpg

This is the Danny we want, the Danny we need, and the Danny we thought we’d hired.

Because Stan wasn't going to ask Danny why his team sucks so hard in season 5.

Yeah make fill in guy do some of the game. Need to get a sub in for Dinger, watching that crap is probably hard on him too.
I really can't believe Dinger stays around , but he really seems to like what he is doing, and hopefully stays. He is a breath of fresh air after football -Sorenson is a joke-- we really need someone who knows something about football. One lightweight like Goren is enough. I'm sure both are great guys but Wake can do better in the booth.

I really can't believe Dinger stays around , but he really seems to like what he is doing, and hopefully stays. He is a breath of fresh air after football -Sorenson is a joke-- we really need someone who knows something about football. One lightweight like Goren is enough. I'm sure both are great guys but Wake can do better in the booth.

Yeah, the color analyst on our football broadcasts has been our weak spot for awhile. All good guys, except for Benedict Arnold, who I thought did a good job on the radio. The pesky little issue with giving our playbook away just got in the way. I think Riley would be great at it, but I guess it’s not something he wants to do as I’m sure he’s been approached. We need a real football guy, preferably a former player ( former coaches probably aren’t an option now) who has the passion for MSD.

So I assume no fireworks on show last night??? Guessing that filtered out 99% of the honest hard questions and just used the 1% softballs with no substance??? Wonder how the 3 folks listening enjoyed it???

So I assume no fireworks on show last night??? Guessing that filtered out 99% of the honest hard questions and just used the 1% softballs with no substance??? Wonder how the 3 folks listening enjoyed it???

They should rename it the Danny Manning excuse show. Danny comes on for an hour and gives excuses for why he sucks even though he is only fielding softball questions. Expect to here the following excuses repeatedly:

1. We are a young team
2. We don't have enough depth
3. The players need to follow the defensive scouting reports
4. We need more paint touches
5. Ron Wellman doesn't have any balls.

so how were the questions

Remembering from the top of my head so paraphrasing some:

1. Olivier Sarr seems to be lacking confidence, what can be done to help him play better
DM: Olivier was behind last year because he was playing with his French team but he had a good Freshman campaign. This summer he put on 20-25 pounds and reshaped his body. He has been practicing hard and done well in practice. He is due for a breakout game.
2. Your full court press worked well at the end of the game against Western Carolina, why not use this defensive strategy more since it plays into your team's length, athleticism and versatility?
DM: Its something the coaching staff has definitely talked about. The problem is the amount of minutes Brandon Childress plays. We play him a lot of minutes and rely on him. He can't play 30+ minutes a game pressing full court. We lack depth behind him, so we need to pick our spots to use it.
3. You talk a lot about needing more paint touches, similar to Dean Smith's old rule about a certain amount of passes before a shot, why not institute a rule that the team needs to get a certain amount of paint touches for every X amount of shots?
DM: We don't want our guys to be robots. Everyone needs to be ready to shoot if they get the ball. Of course we want to take good shots, but I don't want to make any rules for our offense. The way our system works is when there is a good shot for a player they should take it.
4. What is the main reason this team has struggled so far this season in games like Richmond and Houston Baptist?
DM: Well we are a young team. A lot of these guys came in with big expectations like Jaylen Hoard, and I think Jaylen is having a great season so far but he can do more. I told him expectations and being a heralded player out of high school don't mean anything on the court. June (Wright Jr.) is playing well for us, but he needs to get better defensively and not pick up ticky tack fouls. He could hand check in high school, but in college that is a foul. Mucius has played well, he is a starter in my eyes. He doesn't start but he plays starter minutes. We like what he brings to the game. Lewis needs more time to get adjusted to the pace of college basketball, but he has shown us some things in practice that make us think he will be a good player for us in time. Mikey (Wynn) hasn't played really, but he can shoot the ball. The tough thing for Mikey is he is playing behind Chaundee now who is playing well but even Chaundee could give us more. These guys are young, but I've told them you can't be young anymore. We are 7 games into the season, the reality of being a young team doesn't matter anymore. These guys have to step up and I think they will for us.

I can assure you question 4 was not asked in such a softball fashion.

lol wait were your "expect to hear" based on listening to it or was a real guess?

lol wait were your "expect to hear" based on listening to it or was a real guess?

Actually listening to it. I was hoping Stan would give him 1 hardball out of the blue to make my night, but no such luck. There were about 10 questions, but I only remember 4 right now. Then he talked about UNCC and how great a player Davis is for them. Said the defense needed to key in on Davis. Stan asked him about the pace of the game since they play like Virginia, and Danny gave some nonsensical answer about Wake Forest being able to play against all types of defenses.

Back