• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF's Centers...

I think Ryan Anderson is one of the best centers around.

I too thought this would be about our football centers. Football should be the main priority right now. I don't understand why folks are doing so much wake basketball analysis. It's a lost cause. It is what is...a wasteland. Time to block that shit out and focus on an unbelievable and satisfying football season.

I too thought this would be about our football centers. Football should be the main priority right now. I don't understand why folks are doing so much wake basketball analysis. It's a lost cause. It is what is...a wasteland. Time to block that shit out and focus on an unbelievable and satisfying football season.

Because it's basketball season and we don't play another football game for at least 3 weeks?:noidea:

To be fair, Doral Moore was progressing into a damn good center when he left.

To be fair, Doral Moore was progressing into a damn good center when he left.

Not trying to diss you but to me Moore became functional ( see indurance ) and to his credit, worked hard to get there.

Not trying to diss you but to me Moore became functional ( see indurance ) and to his credit, worked hard to get there.

He seems to be doing decent in the G-League. Doesn't play a ton of minutes but shooting near 60%. Averaging a little over 6 and 5 in 17 min/game.

Had 10 and 11 last week.

Last edited:

My primary focus is on football and right now we’re winning, going bowling and are a ‘hot’ team according to some articles I’ve read. Ie, it’s fun.
I love Wake hoops but I don’t like the state of constant depression that I get from frequently losing.

Back to centers, I’d love to see Ryan Anderson at 6’ 6’ 300lbs do some serious damage down low and in the lane. I’m sure he could be our enforcer.

He seems to be doing decent in the G-League. Doesn't play a ton of minutes but shooting near 60%. Averaging a little over 6 and 5 in 17 min/game.

Had 10 and 11 last week.

Glad to see him doing well, but damn, how is that dude still so out of shape? It looked like he needed the defib after every one of those highlights.

Remember when the Manning supporters were convinced that Sarr would be hugely improved this year?

I’ll fess up to having the expectation that Sarr would be a lot better this year.

It took Doral until his Junior year. He, too, showed glimpses as a frosh and then was terrible as a soph.

There is still hope for Sarr, but he clearly has a long way to go.

Last year, he had moments of coordination and athleticism and a decent stroke. Haven’t seen much of that yet this year.

Agreed. People should just be thankful Collins chose us over Duke or Kansas and then decided not to declare after his freshman year.

Collins would have been a one and done had DM played him more than 14 mins per game.

I’ll fess up to having the expectation that Sarr would be a lot better this year.

It took Doral until his Junior year. He, too, showed glimpses as a frosh and then was terrible as a soph.

Last year, he had moments of coordination and athleticism and a decent stroke. Haven’t seen much of that yet this year.

Yeah, I'm guilty of hyping Sarr.

He was supposed to be a much better player than he currently is. Staff was considering him a 2/3 and done. He has a lot to work on but I still am hopeful he can carve out a nice couple of years for us.

Only b/c of the injures I'll call this football season "satisfying" (unless we pull a Duke and don't show up for the bowl, which I don't expect), but "unbelievable" is a bit of a stretch. We won 6 games, and only one that we should not have had a reasonable expectation of victory was NCSU, even with the injuries.
But back to your point: I'm good w/focusing on football right now.

Only b/c of the injures I'll call this football season "satisfying" (unless we pull a Duke and don't show up for the bowl, which I don't expect), but "unbelievable" is a bit of a stretch. We won 6 games, and only one that we should not have had a reasonable expectation of victory was NCSU, even with the injuries.
But back to your point: I'm good w/focusing on football right now.

Unbelievable is too strong, but it was one heck of a job by the staff and players to get to a bowl with the injuries. When you’ve got to start plugging in backup safeties at linebacker, you’ve got problems. I read that Justin Heron did not allow a single sack last year, losing him him in the first game was a huge blow to us. Benzinger got abused quite often this year replacing him.

He has not shown anything that compares to Doral's freshman season. I was pretty shocked last year at how bad Sarr was at getting the ball to go down from 2 feet away.

I don't know how you still have that problem a year later. It just is not hard to get the ball to go in from 2 feet away when you are 7 feet tall.

He has not shown anything that compares to Doral's freshman season. I was pretty shocked last year at how bad Sarr was at getting the ball to go down from 2 feet away.

I don't know how you still have that problem a year later. It just is not hard to get the ball to go in from 2 feet away when you are 7 feet tall.

This can't be understated.

Moore averaged 3.8 pts, 2.6 reb in 7.1 min with 65% shooting. Moore played 20 minutes in 2 games and had 19 and 13 in those games.
Sarr averaged 3.6 pts, 3.0 reb in 15.1 min with 35% shooting. Sarr played 20+ minutes in 6 games and never had double figures. A&T was his first double-figure game in his career.

Moore has a limited offense skill set, but it's a nice one to have. He gets offensive rebounds and he knows how to get in position to get entry passes to dunk.

Thought Sarr had potential too. Dude is 7 feet, can run a little and has a decent shooting touch (71% from the line). You would think, with that skill-set, he could/would develop some basic moves around the basket. Even so, expected him struggle against elite bigs in the ACC, but shocked he can't be reasonably effective against HBU and WCU types. Why was he not working on Mikan drills non-stop over the past 8 months?

Collins would have been a one and done had DM played him more than 14 mins per game.

This is totally ignorant BS. He was nowhere near ready during his frosh year. It would have been tough for him to have played much more due to the foul trouble and it could have been very frustrating. The number of calls he was getting for bad picks and posting up would have detracted from his offense and rebounding.

Danny has failed on a number of levels, but JC was a huge success of coaching.

Back