Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 150

Thread: Carolina Decommits/Commits

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Youíre just trolling at this point.
    Itís almost as though the Bryant and Hines situations were quite different. Go figure.

  2. #82
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Itís almost as though the Bryant and Hines situations were quite different. Go figure.
    Except they were very similar in the exact way you described.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    If you're an alpha dog, like most top QBs are, you want to be the leader and the starter, not the back up.
    And most will do whatever they can, including transferring to get that position.

    I know pro sports are somewhat different, but the mentality is the same. One might question why a player isn't happy as a back up if he's making millions of dollars. It's because he wants to start. Play me or trade me.
    Chance Rafi is an alpha less than one percent, chance Beta almost guaranteed.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Except they were very similar in the exact way you described.
    Címon, must I spell this out for you? Hines had been at Oregon for all of 2 months when he made his decision, he wasnít contributing even when available, he was injured and needed time to heal, he was at a mediocre program, he was not receiving any media attention, and he wasnít a leader on the team. None of this was true for Bryant.

    In my opinion, Hines made a good decision and Bryant made a bad one.

    A failure to account for nuance leads to error.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Címon, must I spell this out for you? Hines had been at Oregon for all of 2 months when he made his decision, he wasnít contributing even when available, he was injured and needed time to heal, he was at a mediocre program, he was not receiving any media attention, and he wasnít a leader on the team. None of this was true for Bryant.

    In my opinion, Hines made a good decision and Bryant made a bad one.

    A failure to account for nuance leads to error.
    Your opinion isnít particularly nuanced, though.
    We're going to be good again.

  6. #86
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,588
    Itís nuts that people are so upset about a backup transferring to get more playing time especially when the guy graduated from college.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís nuts that people are so upset about a backup transferring to get more playing time especially when the guy graduated from college.
    Itís almost like some people just canít handle young black men having agency...
    We're going to be good again.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís nuts that people are so upset about a backup transferring to get more playing time especially when the guy graduated from college.
    Agree.
    Thought this thread was supposed to be about Carolina decommits so we could all say bad things about them.

  9. #89
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    Agree.
    Thought this thread was supposed to be about Carolina decommits so we could all say bad things about them.
    Well except the ones we want to recruit. Those are fine upstanding young men.

  10. #90
    College athletes have virtually no leverage, so Iíve got no beef with buys using what rules they can to their advantage.

  11. #91
    NEW MODERAT0R
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    31,261
    Man, if Iím a mid-level manager, Iíd kill for the loyalty some of you are espousing on this thread.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Well except the ones we want to recruit. Those are fine upstanding young men.
    I should have said 'so we can say bad things about the coaches and Carolina in general'

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    Or he realizes, like the rest of us, that this coaching change is not going to help.
    I agree but my Carolina friends think they are going to be a national football powerhouse.

  14. #94
    I keep forgetting what this thread has become when I open it

  15. #95
    I agree. Drop the thread. Carowhina has a coach now. Some guys will drop, some will join. Why do we give a shut? I don't.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsmed86 View Post
    I agree. Drop the thread. Carowhina has a coach now. Some guys will drop, some will join. Why do we give a shut? I don't.
    Some (former) uNC commits may be of interest to Wake. New uNC staff may try to poach Wake commits.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
    I agree but my Carolina friends think they are going to be a national football powerhouse.
    From IC:
    ďReally man?
    So Mack and his staff are supposed to come in and in less than a month and only sign 4* guys? Give me a break. They need depth and given the fact that Bly coached him in 7 on 7, and Bateman offered him at Army they obviously have a pretty good feel for the kid and what he can bring to the program.
    Some of you people are way too caught up in how many stars are next to a kid's name.Ē

  18. #98
    Robert O'Kelley
    tigerswood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Price's Chicken Coop
    Posts
    6,251
    This thread did not age well. They got Sam Howell, Triston Miller, and a bunch of other guys. Ranked 36th and of Wake at 46th.

  19. #99
    Honestly just shows how shitty of a job the Hat was doing. Miller was an absolute layup recuit for them. Prototypical UNC basketball fans that always wanted to go to UNC. Fed just donk'd it up so bad he committed to not one but two other ACC schools instead of UNC. interested to see how he and Howell end up over there. Miller has the physical tools to be an all pro but as of like a sophomore had quit football. Will need more drive than that to get him where his physical tools can take him.

  20. #100
    https://www.greensboro.com/sports/ac...581924c6b.html

    Apparently, weíre to assume that Brown has patched things up with all the NCHS coaches. I guess NCHS coaches are comfortable with Brownís newly hired Wakeyleaks coaches, Bateman and Galloway, recruiting in their high schools. Great examples for Carolina student athletes? Yet, more of the same as before under Butch Davis. Canít see Cutcliffe, Doeren or Clawson deferring or backing down to this Brown fellow.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •