• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Decommits/Commits

kindof burns me when kids from Ledford/Thomasville don't jump all over Wake offers. But I get it.

Went to Ledford, it was me and like 2 other kids that never played sports growing up that were Wake fans. I think they had family connections. The other 99% was UNC/Duke/State.

Coleman is a great kid and is extremely talented. Reffed his basketball and baseball games when he was in elementary school. Hope he lands at a successful program and happy he decomitted from UNC.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article222711825.html

OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indian Trail Sun Valley High quarterback Sam Howell is the 2018 Gatorade N.C. football player of the year.

Howell has committed to Florida State, but told the Observer this week that Seminoles offensive coordinator Walt Bell leaving Tallahassee to take the head job at Massachusetts would have a “major impact” on his recruitment. Howell is being hotly pursued by UNC coach Mack Brown and Miami coach Mark Richt.

This season, Howell threw for 3,240 yards and 36 touchdowns. He completed 179-of-299 passes with eight interceptions and he ran for 1,392 yards and 17 scores on 175 carries. He’s a two-time Southern Carolinas conference offensive player of the year and will play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in January.

247Sports, a national recruiting site, ranks Howell the No. 3 pro-style quarterback in America.

Well, Ol' Mack has been on the job for 9 days and still only has 8 commits (one a long snapper), with zero new commits since he was hired. Dude better pick things up quick to be ready for 12/19.

Oh, also, one of their commits is named Storm Duck. Made me laugh.

Mack struck out on what should have been his top recruiting priority - Kelly Bryant

Mack struck out on what should have been his top recruiting priority - Kelly Bryant

giphy.gif

Kelly "The quiter" Bryant lost to a better talent. Jalen Hurst stayed and waited for his chance and became a legend for that program. He wanted to be with his teammates of the last four years then play for a dying program at Mizzou. Remember they poached one of our qb committs from two years ago.

Kelly "The quiter" Bryant lost to a better talent. Jalen Hurst stayed and waited for his chance and became a legend for that program. He wanted to be with his teammates of the last four years then play for a dying program at Mizzou. Remember they poached one of our qb committs from two years ago.

Hurts is a true junior. Bryant is a senior who was on pace to graduate so he could do a grad transfer and play right away.

He left in the middle of the season, and for what? Having a ring, whether its ACC or natty, is better than going 4-8 with a bunch of strangers.

He left in the middle of the season, and for what? Having a ring, whether its ACC or natty, is better than going 4-8 with a bunch of strangers.

Yeah but he will get PT to build his resume for the league. J/K. NFW on the NFL for him.

Maybe he wanted a free year towards a Masters degree? I’ll never understand why fans only look at things from the football side of things. Maybe he found a program where he could continue playing the sport he loves and also work towards a higher degree to advance his life. If that was any of your kids/friends you’d think it was the right decision.

People upset about transfers are a little weird. Coaches leave all the time. A coach would leave you for a better opportunity in a heartbeat, so you should do what’s best for you. It’s like leaving a job for a better one. Don’t get mad at kids making decisions for themselves. You can celebrate Hurts and not hate Bryant all at the same time.

I don't hate transfers, self interested people, or other teams (except unc). We don't know the inner dynamics of the Clemson team. It's how he has handled this versus Hurst. He went home. (Did he withdraw from school? ) He's in the news about his transfer options every other week. Trevor goes down two weeks later and he could have come back. He would have won back the respect of his teammates and their fans. Now he's a quitter. There are 4 freshmen QBs on the roster.He wasn't there when they needed him. Bear Bryant would say that the first time you quit something is the hardest. After that it becomes easier.

This is ridiculous. A man got demoted at his job and he went and got another job. What’s so crazy about that?

Mizzou won't go 4-8. They west 8-4 this year. They'll go at least 6-6 and get to go to a bowl for the third straight year and everyone will agree that this is the best Missouri can do and they'll build a statue to Barry Odom who just got a contract extension.

Back