• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Decommits/Commits

It’s almost as though the Bryant and Hines situations were quite different. Go figure.

Except they were very similar in the exact way you described.

If you're an alpha dog, like most top QBs are, you want to be the leader and the starter, not the back up.
And most will do whatever they can, including transferring to get that position.

I know pro sports are somewhat different, but the mentality is the same. One might question why a player isn't happy as a back up if he's making millions of dollars. It's because he wants to start. Play me or trade me.

Chance Rafi is an alpha less than one percent, chance Beta almost guaranteed.

Except they were very similar in the exact way you described.

C’mon, must I spell this out for you? Hines had been at Oregon for all of 2 months when he made his decision, he wasn’t contributing even when available, he was injured and needed time to heal, he was at a mediocre program, he was not receiving any media attention, and he wasn’t a leader on the team. None of this was true for Bryant.

In my opinion, Hines made a good decision and Bryant made a bad one.

A failure to account for nuance leads to error.

C’mon, must I spell this out for you? Hines had been at Oregon for all of 2 months when he made his decision, he wasn’t contributing even when available, he was injured and needed time to heal, he was at a mediocre program, he was not receiving any media attention, and he wasn’t a leader on the team. None of this was true for Bryant.

In my opinion, Hines made a good decision and Bryant made a bad one.

A failure to account for nuance leads to error.

Your opinion isn’t particularly nuanced, though.

It’s nuts that people are so upset about a backup transferring to get more playing time especially when the guy graduated from college.

It’s nuts that people are so upset about a backup transferring to get more playing time especially when the guy graduated from college.

It’s almost like some people just can’t handle young black men having agency...

Agree.
Thought this thread was supposed to be about Carolina decommits so we could all say bad things about them.

Agree.
Thought this thread was supposed to be about Carolina decommits so we could all say bad things about them.

Well except the ones we want to recruit. Those are fine upstanding young men.

College athletes have virtually no leverage, so I’ve got no beef with buys using what rules they can to their advantage.

Man, if I’m a mid-level manager, I’d kill for the loyalty some of you are espousing on this thread.

Well except the ones we want to recruit. Those are fine upstanding young men.

I should have said 'so we can say bad things about the coaches and Carolina in general'

I keep forgetting what this thread has become when I open it

I agree. Drop the thread. Carowhina has a coach now. Some guys will drop, some will join. Why do we give a shut? I don't.

I agree. Drop the thread. Carowhina has a coach now. Some guys will drop, some will join. Why do we give a shut? I don't.

Some (former) uNC commits may be of interest to Wake. New uNC staff may try to poach Wake commits.

I agree but my Carolina friends think they are going to be a national football powerhouse.
From IC:
“Really man?
So Mack and his staff are supposed to come in and in less than a month and only sign 4* guys? Give me a break. They need depth and given the fact that Bly coached him in 7 on 7, and Bateman offered him at Army they obviously have a pretty good feel for the kid and what he can bring to the program.
Some of you people are way too caught up in how many stars are next to a kid's name.”

This thread did not age well. They got Sam Howell, Triston Miller, and a bunch of other guys. Ranked 36th and of Wake at 46th.

Honestly just shows how shitty of a job the Hat was doing. Miller was an absolute layup recuit for them. Prototypical UNC basketball fans that always wanted to go to UNC. Fed just donk'd it up so bad he committed to not one but two other ACC schools instead of UNC. interested to see how he and Howell end up over there. Miller has the physical tools to be an all pro but as of like a sophomore had quit football. Will need more drive than that to get him where his physical tools can take him.

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/a...cle_2a1bb78a-8486-533d-94a3-694581924c6b.html

Apparently, we’re to assume that Brown has patched things up with all the NCHS coaches. I guess NCHS coaches are comfortable with Brown’s newly hired Wakeyleaks coaches, Bateman and Galloway, recruiting in their high schools. Great examples for Carolina student athletes? Yet, more of the same as before under Butch Davis. Can’t see Cutcliffe, Doeren or Clawson deferring or backing down to this Brown fellow.

Back