Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carolina Decommits/Commits

Carolina Decommits/Commits

Ledford H. S. (NC) 3 star cites coaching changes for decommitment:
    https://www.journalnow.com/sports/pr...gn=Prep%20Zone
    Last edited by DeacAssured; 12-11-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Just an excuse to go somewhere else. I'm sure he's upset that he won't play for a pitiful coach instead of a former national championship head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacAssured View Post
    Others:
    https://247sports.com/college/north-...all/Decommits/

Wow. 7 so far. And not much time to start over.

The December signing period really puts the hammer down on programs making a coaching change. They essentially have the February signing period to pick up the best available left-overs.

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    Wow. 7 so far. And not much time to start over.
    Only 5. The other 2 decommitted while Fedora was still coach.

Looks like a safety from Thomasville that had a Wake offer...

3 decommits under Fedora and now 4 under Brown.

Both safeties should get a call. Cam Glenn will be gone next year and Greer was the only young guy who stepped up this year and played well at the Safety position. We have that other good safety commit coming in next year too, but IIRC he was injured late this season and they will probably want to redshirt him next year.

Clearly, some players would like a follow up with Wake Forest and know exactly how to communicate their interest.

Quote Originally Posted by deacsrus View Post
    Just an excuse to go somewhere else. I'm sure he's upset that he won't play for a pitiful coach instead of a former national championship head coach.
    Or he realizes, like the rest of us, that this coaching change is not going to help.

kindof burns me when kids from Ledford/Thomasville don't jump all over Wake offers. But I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewhite14 View Post
    kindof burns me when kids from Ledford/Thomasville don't jump all over Wake offers. But I get it.
    What do you get?

My son's team played them in the playoffs (and lost). He was very good and very fast.

Could be Mack Brown is yanking scholarship offers. Carolina way. Waiver wire returning.

Just wasted 15 minutes reading about this on IC. If you need to feel good about yourself I suggest doing the same.

The general consensus over there is that all these recruits are being told to decommit because they aren't good enough to play for Mack Brown. They think all these 3* kids are having scholarship offers pulled to make room for the 4* and 5* kids that Brown has lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    The general consensus over there is that all these recruits are being told to decommit because they aren't good enough to play for Mack Brown. They think all these 3* kids are having scholarship offers pulled to make room for the 4* and 5* kids that Brown has lined up.
    Just like all of those amazing assistants that he was rumored to have lined up as a package before he was even officially hired?

that is a really good way to anger a coach by doing 1 of his players dirty.

yanking a scholarship is a bush league move.
    Craig is seen as the trouble maker.