• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Decommits/Commits

Well this is just 100% not proven yet. Fedora had the #20 class in the nation and #4 in the ACC just last year. A new coach, especially one with the name recognition of Mack Brown, is always going to see an initial bump, as well.

agreed, success is not a given for Brown

True, bringing in a top 5 QB in the class, who's probably the best NC QB prospect since Chris Leak, doesn't mean you're going to carve up defenses in the mighty ACC Coastal or be able to match-up with the annual 7-5 Clawson Deacon Dynasty team.

True, bringing in a top 5 QB in the class, who's probably the best NC QB prospect since Chris Leak, doesn't mean you're going to carve up defenses in the mighty ACC Coastal or be able to match-up with the annual 7-5 Clawson Deacon Dynasty team.

Why do you hate the Deacs so much?

Their #2 NFL overall draft pick QB led them to an 8-5 record in the mighty ACC Coastal in 2016. Did Mack Brown touch you as a child, and lead to this lingering PTSD fear of his perceived ability to dominate?

Why do you hate the Deacs so much?

Love the Deacs, just think it's odd that so many posters here feel like we're in some extended period glory years and think the Mack Brown-coached Heels are incapable of matching or exceeding our success. Who's the last quarterback Wake Forest signed who was rated as good as Sam Powell ? CJ Leak ? Mike Elkins ?

Their #2 NFL overall draft pick QB led them to an 8-5 record in the mighty ACC Coastal in 2016. Did Mack Brown touch you as a child, and lead to this lingering PTSD fear of his perceived ability to dominate?

Mack Brown lost his first two games against Wake Forest before finishing up with an 8-2 record against the Deacs in ten years.

Love the Deacs, just think it's odd that so many posters here feel like we're in some extended period glory years and think the Mack Brown-coached Heels are incapable of matching or exceeding our success. Who's the last quarterback Wake Forest signed who was rated as good as Sam Powell ? CJ Leak ? Mike Elkins ?

I think it's OK for Wake fans to be excited and confident about our football program. There's no reason to think that UNC is going to have a better team than we will have over then next few years. They've out recruited us the last few years in which we've had success and they've sucked balls. I just don't see how a couple higher ranked QB's really are really going to change much for the Holes.

Do you think a competent coaching staff might help improve their lot ?

The last 3 years have been above average for Wake Forest Football. Momentum still seems positive, recruiting is at an all time high for Wake, and there is plenty of reason for optimism to future "glory years".

There is plenty of reason to think Mack Brown can and will elevate the Heels program. But there is also no reason to quake in fear because of an in-state QB committing to the flagship in-state school, boosting their recruiting class to #39 in the country, the worst they've finished in many years.

Mack Brown lost his first two games against Wake Forest before finishing up with an 8-2 record against the Deacs in ten years.

How many did Dave Clawson coach? Was Mack Brown 68 years old and out of coaching for 5 years then?

Do you think a competent coaching staff might help improve their lot ?

Yes, absolutely. I just don't expect Mack Brown to come in turn the program around in 2 years because he's landing some good recruits. I guess we will see what happens.

I said they'd be vastly improved. I didn't say they were taking down Clemson in 2020.

Even Fedora was able to get them to the ACCCG and ranked as high as #8.

If only Mack can develop the Monroe kid as well as he developed Chuckie Burnette...

Wait, so sports fan are optimists ?!

Or maybe he'll be like Vince Young or Colt McCoy. I guess you never know.

Wait, so sports fan are optimists ?!

So aren't Heels fans allowed to be optimistic too ?

Lots of Deac fans can't wait to beat the shit out of a team that just went 2-9 and fired their coach, which is fine, but you know damn good and well we're dealing with a UNC team that is a shadow of what it ought to be and historically has been.

So aren't Heels fans allowed to be optimistic too ?

Lots of Deac fans can't wait to beat the shit out of a team that just went 2-9 and fired their coach, which is fine, but you know damn good and well we're dealing with a UNC team that is a shadow of what it ought to be and historically has been.

I guess if you want to be optimistic about your Heels that's your right !

I guess if you want to be optimistic about your Heels that's your right !

Heels fans have every right to be optimistic since they're sports fans, as you pointed out.

Deac fans on this thread are acting like UNC is headed in the wrong direction or treading water, which I don't think they are.

It's been a very rough 10 days for UGA fans. I'm not even sure what stage of grief/depression/anger Biff is on right now. He might need a sports intervention.

I haven't had a drink since January 1. I'm starting to come apart.

I'm also superpissed that our basketball team is completely unwatchable and our football team, while occasionally entertaining, isn't much better against decent competition.

Back