• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Richmond Spiders -- 7:30 pm Saturday NBC Sports Network

You're acting like the teams have equal talent.

Also, take a look at O$U's schedule so far. It's horrific.

He's a terrible defender.

If you look at recruiting rankings, Wake Forest has more talent than OSU this year.

Wake’s schedule is worse, and OSU has some impressive wins.

Yes, he is not a good defender, but he’s been better this season.

From Les on twitter -
Wake Forest guard Brandon Childress: "We’re going to get better. We’re going to keep working. It’s nothing to worry about. I believe in the young guys and believe in the coaches. We’ll be fine. I’m not worried. I’m not holding my head down".

You're acting like the teams have equal talent.

Also, take a look at O$U's schedule so far. It's horrific.

He's a terrible defender.

WF has not played a top 100 team yet. A horrific schedule.

Using the same metric, WF’s best defensive player is Hoard with a rating of 101.3. Woods is at 92.0

If Woods is a horrible defender, and every player on WF’s roster is 10 points worse...

Childress with the wrap around pass to Hoard for the dunk!

Except that wrap around just hit the Richmond center in the stomach. Never really wrapped around. He’s a backup lead guard, meaning he’s thinking about scoring, not a true point guard. Hell, we could use Scotty Feather.

That’s why Wright is trying to facilitate. They all are, but they don’t take care of the ball. Wright is dribbling up the court and I’m like...here comes the turnover...yep...travel.

No point guard. That’s how you get that awful turnover stat and awful conversion to easy buckets. We completely outclassed them athletically.

No offensive game plan. No point guard. Bad coach. Loss.

I agree and have said that Childress is really a 2G that gets forced to play PG because he is too small to be a 2G. However, offense isn't the main problem (not saying it is great) - it is the defense. And it is clear that this coaching staff has no clue how to teach it. Our defense looks like a combination of a Chinese fire drill and Keystone Cops.

You know I am always probably willing to give a coach an extra year than most fans but this is really embarrassing. Manning shouldn’t make it to the new year. That is why the job pays so much, because you have to produce and if you don’t, you get canned.

Gotta pull the plug and start the search. This is two straight years of complete embarrassment. Year 1 and 2 had some signs of building and we were coming off [Redacted] with grants some leeway in my book. Year 3 had a lot of good moments. 4 and 5 have been unmitigated disasters.

You gave him this year. That’s one more than most.

Using the same metric, WF’s best defensive player is Hoard with a rating of 101.3. Woods is at 92.0

If Woods is a horrible defender, and every player on WF’s roster is 10 points worse...

So, after a few weeks at Ohio State, he would be our go to lock down defender. Could we send the whole team up there for a couple of weeks?

From Les on twitter -
Wake Forest guard Brandon Childress: "We’re going to get better. We’re going to keep working. It’s nothing to worry about. I believe in the young guys and believe in the coaches. We’ll be fine. I’m not worried. I’m not holding my head down".

Brandon is giving Ty Walker-level clueless quotes.

I agree and have said that Childress is really a 2G that gets forced to play PG because he is too small to be a 2G. However, offense isn't the main problem (not saying it is great) - it is the defense. And it is clear that this coaching staff has no clue how to teach it. Our defense looks like a combination of a Chinese fire drill and Keystone Cops.

Chill could probably be a good shooting guard.

From Les on twitter -

Nothing to worry about. That part is true. The season is over so no sense in worrying about this team at all.

The funny thing is that a lot of people claimed that this schedule was Wellman's way of protecting Manning. Instead, it ended up exposing just how bad a coach he really is.

The WF Sports Nation FB group is starting to sound like us here. If Wellman has lost them he's got no one else.

Last edited:
From Les on twitter -

"I know I'm going to get my playing time"

The WF Sports Nation FB group is starting to sound like us here. If Wellman has lost them he's got no one else, except for possibly some blue hairs that don't pay attention and don't care so long as he sucks up to them.

In all seriousness, why would anyone go to a Wake game at this point? Uninspired, poorly coached basketball is really not a lot of fun to watch.

In all seriousness, why would anyone go to a Wake game at this point? Uninspired, poorly coached basketball is really not a lot of fun to watch.

If you are a parent of a player, you get a pass. Otherwise you are just perpetuating the problem.

DHwmphIWAAAfIPC.jpg

No offense to Childress, but he’s the last player I’d go to for any kind of opinion on the coaching staff or team morale.

For obvious reasons.

Back