• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Richmond Spiders -- 7:30 pm Saturday NBC Sports Network

He should be fired no matter what. So I’m not sure what emotion has to do with making him an interim or not.
Yeah, but hire him as interim and the team pulls off an upset or two to close out the season, and you know a large portion of the fan base will start calling for him to be hired. The players, who don't have the experience to know what good coaching is, will be behind him. Too big of a risk. Would be far too easy for Wellman to pull that trigger without anyone stepping up to say no.

Last edited:
Yeah but that could happen with Nestor too.

Not really. He's 72 and doesn't have name recognition with standard Wake fans.
Yeah, not at all similar. Nestor is retired and there's not nearly the emotional connection. Plus, Nestor is actually an accomplished coach.

No. If Nestor wins with Childress as his top assistant, there will be people who want Childress to stay.

Well, sure, but that's quite a bit different from Childress already being the interim head coach.

Well, sure, but that's quite a bit different from Childress already being the interim head coach.

The key to any scenario is making it clear the interim coach and entire staff will be replaced. Being scared of sentimental fans started this problem in the first place.

The key to any scenario is making it clear the interim coach and entire staff will be replaced. Being scared of sentimental fans started this problem in the first place.

Exactly. I'd just be interested to see what Childress and Nestor could accomplish in the next three months. Beyond that? Not so much.

Exactly. I'd just be interested to see what Childress and Nestor could accomplish in the next three months. Beyond that? Not so much.

Exactly. And if Childress wins at Wake, God bless him. If he wants to continue coaching, we gave him a nice audition.

Back