• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GHW Bush has died

American Experience had a 2 hour piece on Bush's life last night. I thought it was worth the watch and pretty fair.

Just watched Jon Meacham and Brian Mulroney’s eulogies. Both were really good.

I rarely agreed with Alan Simpson's politics, but he has always been funny. He did a good job.

From tob. April 5, 1948 Wake Forest 2 Yale 0 
Yale was coming off a final four appearance from 1947 having won the Eastern Regionals. 
Wake Forest was a year away from being runner up to Texas in the 1949 College World Series. Harry Nicholas only allowed three hits to the Elis striking out eleven. George Bush played first base and got one of those hits going one for three and he was one of only two of the Yale starters who avoided striking out. Wake managed to get seven hits. My father was the catcher and he got one of those hits. Wake Hall of Famer Charlie Teague started the inning with a single and went to third after another single and scored on a fielder's choice. Former athletic director Gene Hooks doubled and advanced the runner who scored the second run to third. He scored on Wiley Warren's sacrifice fly.

Back