• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GHW Bush has died

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
George H W Bush has died at 94.

He had a long and productive life and a loving family.

RIP

I came here knowing RJ would have already posted this. RIP GHWB.

Just found out tonight that an old friend of the family was the guy that actually pulled HW out of the water when his plane crashed in the war. Shorty Lebonville. Really neat story.

RIP GHWB

RIP, I voted for him in my first election (against Clinton).

94 ain't bad at all. He lived a full and eventful life. He was a child of privilege and still went off to fight in WW2 - hats off to the guy.

I’ll wait for MDMH’s take before blessing him with a RIP

in light of the recent turn in politics and even in historical context, hw had an honorable career in politics and service to his country, more generally

not that he was close to the only one (or that insensitivity was a necessarily partisan issue), but he was pretty villainous when it came to his response to the aids crisis

in light of the recent turn in politics and even in historical context, hw had an honorable career in politics and service to his country, more generally

not that he was close to the only one (or that insensitivity was a necessarily partisan issue), but he was pretty villainous when it came to his response to the aids crisis

Willie Horton too.

Far and away the worst thing Bush 41 did was lie us into the Gulf War. He and Jim Baker had Amb. April Glaspie lie to Saddam Hussein about what would happen if Saddam went into Kuwait. The Iraqi butcher was told that it would be a Middle East issue not an American one.

As CIA Director, Bush 41 helped place Saddam in charge in Irag. Reagan and Bush supported Saddam against Iran and gave him much of the materials to create chemical weapons that were used in that war.

Had Bush 41 told the truth there wouldn't have been an invasion of Kuwait and thus no Gulf War. Without the Gulf War, there would have been no US troops in the Islamic Holy Land of Saudi Arabia. Many, times, Bin Laden and al Zawahiri said infidel armies in their Holy Land was a primary reason for 9/11.

On the other side, most Europeans give Bush 41 major props for helping to put Germany back together after the Berlin Wall fell. Many thought it couldn't happen. Others thought it would take decades and boat loads of outside help.

Bush 41 worked behind the scenes to make this work.

Have enough days passed to be able to remind y’all that he opposed the civil rights act?

Have enough days passed to be able to remind y’all that he opposed the civil rights act?

giphy.gif

Back