• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

Do not worry my dear SC Deac because lots of rumors abound around the Atlantic Coast Conference that the 70 year old Well-Man, he of the blackest dye job around has told many people of his plans to retire at the end of this academic year. One can only hope that he makes that decision much quicker so he is not the one to make any decision on a new basketball coach.

That’s a pretty big rumor to drop.

Wellman succeeds because Wake is a school run by losers and hucksters, all too chicken shit and/or comfortable to make real decisions. They have a good thing going, with hundreds of admin making buckets of cash, fleecing rich kids and their parents. As Chupe alludes to, it’s all about financial stability for the charlatans who charge $75K for an education worth half the price. Keep the money flowing in, and their bank accounts growing.

To be clear Wake isn’t the only school involved in this racket, as pretty much all of higher education is now, but at a private school you get away with a lot more. I miss the Wake of the 90’s and my childhood. Back when it was run by decent people.

I have heard that when Wellman took over, he marched into WSJS ( who had broadcast Wake forver) and demanded that the radio station broadcast all women's basketball games and all Wake baseball games live, or he was going to end the relationship. He was asked to leave
Arrogant, yep.

Wow. Is this why I have to listen 98.1 in Thomasville with an occasional blend of 98.3 during the broadcasts?

The same negotiating skills that have Danny an 18 million dollar extension. Just negotiated us out of Tampa and into Birmingham. Even though Tampa wanted us. Just got out done by Duke, BC, and Swafford
Time to retire the dude .

Wow. Is this why I have to listen 98.1 in Thomasville with an occasional blend of 98.3 during the broadcasts?

Yep, WSJS had been good to Wake, but now I live in Hickory and can not get a game on the radio, ever.

I need to hear more about these board members with “mixed loyalties” regarding the success of our banner sport. Seems noteworthy.

It’s not really noteworthy and I don’t know anything, just have heard bits and pieces of a larger whole, so maybe just let it dangle, but would you be shocked if there were board members who, while devoted to Wake as an institution, weren’t particularly invested in how Wake basketball did because they had a soft spot for the Heels or something? Not that they’d submarine a program, but they might not have the same urgency we feel as long as the AD is clean and bringing in money for the school.

To be clear Wake isn’t the only school involved in this racket, as pretty much all of higher education is now, but at a private school you get away with a lot more. I miss the Wake of the 90’s and my childhood. Back when it was run by decent people.

Wellman was AD for most of the 90s, so...

Wellman was AD for most of the 90s, so...

That was pre-bike accident Wellman though, before he turned to the dark side. Wellman also seems like the perfect example of a decent person who turns 60 starts watching Fox News, and then transforms into a horrible, borderline racism, old. Like half of our parents.

Wake Forest has had two Athletic Directors in 55 years. History repeated. Kept both ten years to long. It's not like we make knee jerk decisions for this position. There are a myriad of reasons to start a fresh chapter, only one of which is replacing a basketball coach. It's time to transition in this digital age of new concepts of marketing, promotion, recruiting, salary inflation, on and on. We can give Wellman his due and nudge him out the door with a nice parting gift and retirement. Just fucking do it and get everyone focused on the future.

Yep, high chance that well,man relaxes at night by turning in fox news and nodding along to Hannity.

That was pre-bike accident Wellman though, before he turned to the dark side. Wellman also seems like the perfect example of a decent person who turns 60 starts watching Fox News, and then transforms into a horrible, borderline racism, old. Like half of our parents.

Not defending wellman here but that's typical when people get older and start making money. In college I was a liberal then you graduate and start seeing how truly inefficient government is while taking large amounts of your money. Brasky, since you're a middle school teacher you probably have no idea what I mean when i say make money so you're forgiven for the stupid comment. I'm not going to even bother to respond to the Fox News watchers/republicans=racists argument because it's the same tired hyperbole the ever offended snowflakes have constantly spouted for the last couple years.

Last edited:

the mind is a terrible thing to waste. this is nonsense

Not defending wellman here but that's typical when people get older and start making money. In college I was a liberal then you graduate and start seeing how truly inefficient government is while taking large amounts of your money. Brasky, since you're a middle school teacher you probably have no idea what I mean when i say make money so you're forgiven for the stupid comment. I'm not going to even bother to respond to the Fox News watchers/republicans=racists argument because it's the same tired hyperbole the ever offended snowflakes have constantly spouted for the last couple years.

wow, cool thing to job shame people, especially a teacher. you must be very well-respected in the community. church goer?

wow, cool thing to job shame people, especially a teacher. you must be very well-respected in the community. church goer?

I did teach for America for 3 years after graduating so it was meant to mean that I know that teachers don't get paid

I did teach for America for 3 years after graduating so it was meant to mean that I know that teachers don't get paid

well, glad that you were able to see the error in your ways and moved on to a more lucrative career.

this is a fucked up post. Please put me out if my misery if I ever ever use that tired argument that I used to be a liberal until i started making money. Now, back to the topic at hand.... wellman sucks and needs to retire ( so he can watch even more Fox News...bam! )

Back