• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

well, glad that you were able to see the error in your ways and moved on to a more lucrative career.

It takes special people to be teachers while not getting the respect they deserve. My mom is a special ed teacher and so is my uncle so the respect I have is immense. Hence why my comment was to Brasky that I forgave him for the stupid comment because he is under paid and under valued in his position so I'll let it slide. You however misconstrued my intentions and jumped to conclusions. Not even sure what "church go-er?" comment had to do with anything but I'm sure its related to the fact that you think all small town, church going, red state people are deplorables.

It takes special people to be teachers while not getting the respect they deserve. My mom is a special ed teacher and so is my uncle so the respect I have is immense. Hence why my comment was to Brasky that I forgave him for the stupid comment because he is under paid and under valued in his position so I'll let it slide. You however misconstrued my intentions and jumped to conclusions. Not even sure what "church go-er?" comment had to do with anything but I'm sure its related to the fact that you think all small town, church going, red state people are deplorables.

your comment came off as totally tone deaf and looking down on teachers who don't make as much money as you. I am stereotyping you based on your response and assume you're a church goer, in this case would make you highly hypocritical for turning down your nose at someone not as fortunate as you.

your comment came off as totally tone deaf and looking down on teachers who don't make as much money as you. I am stereotyping you based on your response and assume you're a church goer, in this case would make you highly hypocritical for turning down your nose at someone not as fortunate as you.

If that's how my comment came across then I apologize. Sometimes over text/message boards/social media tone or sincerity is lost. Never my intention. As stated, teachers have my utmost respect. I didn't have the balls to keep teaching after my tour was up so kudos to those who can stay in the trenches for 30 plus years.

Most wealthy, suburban, white-male churchgoers are deplorable too. In fact, given their education level and public representations of piety, they are often more deplorable than their rural counterparts.

Most wealthy, suburban, white-male churchgoers are deplorable too. In fact, given their education level and public representations of piety, they are often more deplorable than their rural counterparts.

Take this nasty shit to the tunnels where that racist drivel thrives.

Wellman completely sucks and it does not matter who he voted for. Kaye is a conservative. Dean Smith was a lib. It's our duty to despise both of them. Wellman much more so.

Telling someone their opinion is stupid does not communicate the utmost respect. Telling someone you forgive them for their stupid position because of their profession is condescending. Your intent is clear.
I would rate your communication/people skills on par with Wellman. You money-makers have a lot in common.

Not defending wellman here but that's typical when people get older and start making money. In college I was a liberal then you graduate and start seeing how truly inefficient government is while taking large amounts of your money. Brasky, since you're a middle school teacher you probably have no idea what I mean when i say make money so you're forgiven for the stupid comment. I'm not going to even bother to respond to the Fox News watchers/republicans=racists argument because it's the same tired hyperbole the ever offended snowflakes have constantly spouted for the last couple years.

Far be it from me to defend Brasky but this is an abhorrent post. There’s no misconstruing anything in here, it’s obvious what you’re meaning.

Far be it from me to defend Brasky but this is an abhorrent post. There’s no misconstruing anything in here, it’s obvious what you’re meaning.

After re reading my initial post I believe you're right in that I was very condescending. I appreciate you calling me out on this as it has brought to light some thing I can improve myself on. I grew up poor... We hung our clothes to dry, cut milk with water,ect and I'm starting to realize that sometimes now that I'm no longer poor thanks to a scholarship to wake I do at times subconsciously judge those who have less means and this is wrong, and something that I will work on and hope you continue to call me out on it if it happens again

It’s not really noteworthy and I don’t know anything, just have heard bits and pieces of a larger whole, so maybe just let it dangle, but would you be shocked if there were board members who, while devoted to Wake as an institution, weren’t particularly invested in how Wake basketball did because they had a soft spot for the Heels or something? Not that they’d submarine a program, but they might not have the same urgency we feel as long as the AD is clean and bringing in money for the school.

Who else other than Flow? And why is this allowed? Fucking Tarholes.

Take this nasty shit to the tunnels where that racist drivel thrives.

Wellman completely sucks and it does not matter who he voted for. Kaye is a conservative. Dean Smith was a lib. It's our duty to despise both of them. Wellman much more so.

Given that Wellman treats our basketball program the same way wealthy Republicans treat our country, I doubt the two are unrelated.

Good Grief can we not at least be united by hoops, football, and sometimes other ancillary sports.

We're Wake Fans in this we are all to be pitied and celebrated equally.

Good Grief can we not at least be united by hoops, football, and sometimes other ancillary sports.

We're Wake Fans in this we are all to be pitied and celebrated equally.

I don’t know, can we? Some of us apparently think Wellman deserves to keep his job or get the kid glove treatment on the way out, others can’t handle a funny because it’s true Fox News jibe. I’d be curious to know how much overlap there is between the two.

And my public apologies. I quoted you, but I was intending to lament more a theme, that was my bad. And if my sarcasm meter was off, sorry.

I think the discussion on whether Wellman is currently a good AD or a bad AD is a lost leader. The truth is that for high profile hires (Men's basketball and football + whatever existing program currently excelling, so for us men's soccer and tennis), you are truly hamstrung if you are on the cusp of retirement. The sad fact is that even if I thought Wellman could make a great basketball hire, he's simply never going to get his 1st or 2nd choice. Because that hire will be 1 or 2 or 3 years into the job when the next AD comes in.

One reason that Wellman may be dragging his feet here is that he simply is not ready to retire and he knows that the best thing for the athletic department he has led for the last quarter century is to step aside when the next basketball coach needs to be hired.

I do think the best thing for the program TODAY is to cut bait and name Childress the interim coach for the remainder of the season with Nestor as his #2. I know that could cause absolute chaos as we would most likely lose more than just Manning. At the very least, his son leaves too. That means we would need to scramble to build a staff amongst JGray and a few others. I do think it would pump 4 weeks of life into the team if nothing else.

But then Wellman absolutely has to either retire in the Spring or set his retirement date and name his replacement. The only way we can make a top flight hire is for the incoming AD to have the lead relationship with the coach we hire.

This fact really has nothing to do with whether Wellman is a pompous asshole or not or whether he voted for Trump or not. It is about job security.

Given that Wellman treats our basketball program the same way wealthy Republicans treat our country, I doubt the two are unrelated.

The problem with stereotypes is not that they're untrue. But, they're very often incomplete. God, I'm glad I don't live your life.

The problem with stereotypes is not that they're untrue. But, they're very often incomplete. God, I'm glad I don't live your life.

The key words in your post. I’m not sure which is sadder: the Wake Forest fans still defending Wellman or the Wake Forest members of Cult 45 getting pissy when Wellman is accurately identified as one of their own.

The key words in your post. I’m not sure which is sadder: the Wake Forest fans still defending Wellman or the Wake Forest members of Cult 45 getting pissy when Wellman is accurately identified as one of their own.
Best to ignore RChill at this point. He's acting exactly like my angsty know-it-all pre-teen. He was wrong about Manning, so he changes the subject. "Look though, I was right about Wellman. You guys are so dumb you don't even know the real issue." Then he transitions into hurling insults at others because his self esteem is tied to being right, so he feels small and insignificant for being wrong. "Yeah, but y'all are just a bunch of old biggots anyway." The insults and flailing will just increase as he stomps up the stairs to timeout and finally slams his bedroom door in March.

Last edited:
Best to ignore RChill at this point. He's acting exactly like my angsty know-it-all pre-teen. He was wrong about Manning, so he changes the subject. "Look though, I was right about Wellman. You guys are so dumb you don't even know the real issue." Then he transitions into hurling insults at others because his self esteem is tied to being right, so he feels small and insignificant for being wrong. "Yeah, but y'all are just a bunch of old biggots anyway." The insults and flailing will just increase as he stomps up the stairs to timeout and finally slams his bedroom door in March.

Lol. The title of the thread is Wellman and I’ve been on “the real issue is Wellman” subject for at least the past six years. I’ve also been on the “Manning isn’t the answer and deserves to be fired in a vacuum” train since around the end of last season.

Once John Collins left, I was wrong in holding on to my tepid belief that Manning could find moderate success at Wake and leave the program in a much better place than he found it. (Even during John Collins sophomore year I think I put the chances of Manning being “the answer” at around 10%). Even that tepid belief seems to optimistic now based on Manning’s performance the past two years (both on and off the court) but it’s a counterfactual, so we can’t know either way. I’ve said all of this before.

That might be to tepid an admission of wrongness for you, but it simply matches the argument I’ve been making for three years, not the argument you wish I was making.

And if Republicans feel insulted for being called Republicans or being associated with the actions of Republicans, maybe that should tell them something.

Lol. The title of the thread is Wellman and I’ve been on “the real issue is Wellman” subject for at least the past six years. I’ve also been on the “Manning isn’t the answer and deserves to be fired in a vacuum” train since around the end of last season.

Once John Collins left, I was wrong in holding on to my tepid belief that Manning could find moderate success at Wake and leave the program in a much better place than he found it. (Even during John Collins sophomore year I think I put the chances of Manning being “the answer” at around 10%). Even that tepid belief seems to optimistic now based on Manning’s performance the past two years (both on and off the court) but it’s a counterfactual, so we can’t know either way. I’ve said all of this before.

That might be to tepid an admission of wrongness for you, but it simply matches the argument I’ve been making for three years, not the argument you wish I was making.

And if Republicans feel insulted for being called Republicans or being associated with the actions of Republicans, maybe that should tell them something.

7311d34d-386f-4ee4-94e9-2c4151a068b6_text.gif

I can't imagine why you would not like Wellman. You are his kind of guy: perfect combination of arrogance and cluelessness.

Back