• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

I can't imagine why you would not like Wellman. You are his kind of guy: perfect combination of arrogance and cluelessness.

4368030.gif

Lol. The title of the thread is Wellman and I’ve been on “the real issue is Wellman” subject for at least the past six years. I’ve also been on the “Manning isn’t the answer and deserves to be fired in a vacuum” train since around the end of last season.

Once John Collins left, I was wrong in holding on to my tepid belief that Manning could find moderate success at Wake and leave the program in a much better place than he found it. (Even during John Collins sophomore year I think I put the chances of Manning being “the answer” at around 10%). Even that tepid belief seems to optimistic now based on Manning’s performance the past two years (both on and off the court) but it’s a counterfactual, so we can’t know either way. I’ve said all of this before.

That might be to tepid an admission of wrongness for you, but it simply matches the argument I’ve been making for three years, not the argument you wish I was making.

And if Republicans feel insulted for being called Republicans or being associated with the actions of Republicans, maybe that should tell them something.

Tepid belief? That’s the real lol.

Tepid belief? That’s the real lol.

I think my most optimistic Manning take, even during the 16-17 season, was that he had a 60% chance of being the next Mark Gottfried. Seems pretty tepid to me. Given how often I’ve posted on the subject I’m sure y’all will be able to find a more enthusiastic prediction if one exists.

Let's take a look at what RW has done & who he got rid of and their records, then what he has withstood out of arrogance because they are "his folks"

Jim Caldwell--26-63 [.292] record in 8 seasons & 15-52 [.187] ACC record with 1 bowl game [Aloha Bowl in 1999].
Dave Odom--240-132 [.645] overall in 12 seasons & 101-87 [.537] ACC record. 8 NCAA appearances with an Elite 8, 2 Sweet 16's & an NIT championship. After his first season was NEVER below a 7-9 ACC record, ever and was non-renewed after going 19-11 & 8-8

Skip Prosser--126-68 [.649] & 52-44 [.542] ACC record with 4 straight NCAA appearances and 1 Sweet 16. Then went 17-17/3-13 [good for 12th in the ACC-last] & then 15-16/5-11 [good for T10 in the ACC-next to last]. With previous coaches Greer & Odom they would have been fired after this stretch but since it was RW's hire he stayed then tragically died.

Dino Gaudio--61-31 [.663] & 27-21 [.563] in the ACC. With 2 NCAA appearances including a 2nd round in his final year. Who knows why he was fired but it didn't sit well with other coaches!

George Greer--608-382 [.614] & 184-198 [.481] in the ACC. In his final 7 seasons he had 7 NCAA appearances including a Super in 1999 to go along with 3 ACC titles and 5 straight 40 win seasons. Was fired after his first losing season in 9 years and after 17 total years at Wake? Go figure, especially with what has followed!

Rick Rembielak--142-142 [.500] & 61-87 [.412] in the ACC. 1 total ACC appearance in his 5 seasons and with that record, enough said

Tom Walter--263-245 [.515] & 117-152 [.435] in the ACC. Has 2 NCAA appearances with the great run to the Supers in 2016. But given what has happened with past coaches, the 25-32/13/17 record in 2018 would have had them gone! Greer was 47-13/17-6 just 2 seasons before his release.

Of course we all know the basketball records since Gaudio was fired.

And if Republicans feel insulted for being called Republicans or being associated with the actions of Republicans, maybe that should tell them something.

I think they probably take issue with being called deplorable. But you're smart enough to know that.

I think my most optimistic Manning take, even during the 16-17 season, was that he had a 60% chance of being the next Mark Gottfried. Seems pretty tepid to me. Given how often I’ve posted on the subject I’m sure y’all will be able to find a more enthusiastic prediction if one exists.

you bet money that WF would make the Sweet 16 in 17-18, and you bet your right to post that WF would be an 8 seed or better in 18-19

Yes Wellman did Gaudio shitty. To the people saying it will hurt our chances with other good coaches is just false. If one of these mid major coaches has 1 million dollar raise a year i doubt he gives a shit what happened 10 years ago.

Yes Wellman did Gaudio shitty. To the people saying it will hurt our chances with other good coaches is just false. If one of these mid major coaches has 1 million dollar raise a year i doubt he gives a shit what happened 10 years ago.
Because Wellman then had to keep 2 coaches longer than they should have been here to compensate.

you bet money that WF would make the Sweet 16 in 17-18, and you bet your right to post that WF would be an 8 seed or better in 18-19

Both bets were to prove that other posters were full of shit and I was pretty confident neither would cost me anything that I value. The fact that I had to make those bets extremely optimistic to get the posters they were aimed at to bite proved the point I was trying to make.

Keep trying

Both bets were to prove that other posters were full of shit and I was pretty confident neither would cost me anything that I value. The fact that I had to make those bets extremely optimistic to get the posters they were aimed at to bite proved the point I was trying to make.

Keep trying

ok cool

no, you keep posting here on this thread

even though you don't value posting here on this thread

OMG, please just put Rchil on ignore so we can get back to discusssing how shitty Wellman is at managing our once proud MBB program.

We should have a betting pool on the over/under number of days before Wellman gives an obligatory speech about the direction of the BBall program... Or how many games we lose before this happens.

We should have a betting pool on the over/under number of days before Wellman gives an obligatory speech about the direction of the BBall program... Or how many games we lose before this happens.

post first ACC loss and wellman says he couldn't be happier

I'll bet he won't proactively address the situation during the season. We have a very realistic chance of going 5-7 OOC and losing every conference game next year. If that happens, he'll probably say something after the fact, but barring a mid-season firing or some unexpected turnover on the staff...that pompous SOB will just sit there and watch it all burn down (as he has going on 10 years now).

OMG, please just put Rchil on ignore so we can get back to discusssing how shitty Wellman is at managing our once proud MBB program.

I’m down. I don’t think this thread was started to assuage conservative snowflakes hurt feelings, knock down strawmen that certain posters have beaten to death, or bask in the unrivaled glory that is Wake Forest Football and non-revenue sports.

They won’t put me on ignore though.

Back