• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

Not defending wellman here but that's typical when people get older and start making money. In college I was a liberal then you graduate and start seeing how truly inefficient government is while taking large amounts of your money. Brasky, since you're a middle school teacher you probably have no idea what I mean when i say make money so you're forgiven for the stupid comment. I'm not going to even bother to respond to the Fox News watchers/republicans=racists argument because it's the same tired hyperbole the ever offended snowflakes have constantly spouted for the last couple years.

This is a joke, right?

It’s not a party until TheReff brings up the firing of George Greer.

Yep, because just as it was with Dave Odom, look what has happened since we had both of them with 848 Wake Forest wins between them and just as important, 5 ACC titles. So fast forward to where we are now in both sports and "voila" neither made sense then and don't make sense today except for the ego of the AD making the decision. Kind of like what happened at ECU with Ruffin McNeil.

So annoying to try and discuss something as serious as sports and something as petty as politics gets involved. You hate to see that.

Time and place.

Time: whenever the hell you want.
Place: The tunnels

Don't need that infection spreading here.

The key words in your post. I’m not sure which is sadder: the Wake Forest fans still defending Wellman or the Wake Forest members of Cult 45 getting pissy when Wellman is accurately identified as one of their own.

I thank GOD I'm not you. What a sad fucking person.

Yep, because just as it was with Dave Odom, look what has happened since we had both of them with 848 Wake Forest wins between them and just as important, 5 ACC titles. So fast forward to where we are now in both sports and "voila" neither made sense then and don't make sense today except for the ego of the AD making the decision. Kind of like what happened at ECU with Ruffin McNeil.

little different at ECU...they brought in a new AD, Jeff Compher, and one of his 1st big moves was firing ruff because of a 5 win season....Compher was hired to take the position left open by longtime pirate Terry Ballard. Ballard played at ECU back in the day and care about the school from his heart. Compher was there for the money. he was just dumb. no success in any sports under him. Wellman is too prideful. everyone knows the mistakes he has made with these last two hires. he even knows it. but as long as he doesnt admit he is wrong who is to say he is? the firing of ruff and hiring of an unproven winner(cutcliffes fuckin water boy) is very similar to the firing of dino and hiring of redacted/manning. as a pirate I hope and am pretty sure that ECU has made the right hire in Houston, albeit not looking too closely into the hire.

Not defending wellman here but that's typical when people get older and start making money. In college I was a liberal then you graduate and start seeing how truly inefficient government is while taking large amounts of your money. Brasky, since you're a middle school teacher you probably have no idea what I mean when i say make money so you're forgiven for the stupid comment. I'm not going to even bother to respond to the Fox News watchers/republicans=racists argument because it's the same tired hyperbole the ever offended snowflakes have constantly spouted for the last couple years.

giphy.gif

In all fairness, Brasky probably got a raise when he became a teacher.

Back