• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

He's predicted to go high in the draft

Darrell Henderson was first team AA by Sports Illustrated.
Yes, he's likely to go very high in the draft and it would be huge for us if he didn't play.

(In this case, I think Darrell should consider his health and his financial future and not play in this game. Do the right thing Darrell)

I don't know whether to chuckle or be concerned that you have the time through mull through a minor city's mayor's tweets just so you can have a gotcha moment. Guy is being a politician. What did you expect him to tweet? Fuck this bitty?

I googled his name and then googled his name and AOC and the tweet came up. It took less than a minute. It’s 2018.

I can think of dozens of politicians who have tweeted hateful things about AOC. Are they not politicians being politicians?

Last edited:
He's predicted to go high in the draft

To be clear, your statement about him skipping the bowl is solely based on draft predictions correct? BC I’ve seen nothing specific to him skipping the game.

Mike Norvell also said that today he and Darrell Henderson will begin discussing his future options.

Henderson hasn't decided yet if he's playing in the Birmingham Bowl or declaring for the NFL Draft but Norvell will support him either way. #Memphis

I googled his name and then googled his name and AOC and the tweet came up. It took less than a minute. It’s 2018.

I can think of dozens of politicians who have tweeted hateful things about AOC. Are they not politicians being politicians?

Considering that I just recently got an Instagram due to the pestering of the gf, then I'm obviously behind on how easy it is to pull up old tweets. Well played.

Yep for sure they are. I've yet to see a politician who doesn't grandstand unfortunately

Memphis RB Darrell Henderson is an ESPN First Team All-American. Etienne is the other first team RB.

Has it been mentioned yet whether Henderson will play or not? Personally I hope he does play. Also, will their OC who just took the job at Auburn coach in the game?

Is everyone excited for this bowl game yet ?!!

Yeah boiii. Should be lots of points, highly entertaining. Interested to see how we look with the additional practice time too.

You psyched yet for Georgia-Texas?

Can't say I really care much about exhibition games.

any word on tickets sales? I think Wake has about 20,000 pretty hard core sports fans. If we can get 10,000 to Birmingham, I think that would be pretty good. Even 5,000 wouldn't be bad.

any word on tickets sales? I think Wake has about 20,000 pretty hard core sports fans. If we can get 10,000 to Birmingham, I think that would be pretty good. Even 5,000 wouldn't be bad.

Wake doesn't have 20,000 hard core sports fans.

That's closer to correct than taking 10K to Birmingham at least

Does anyone know if the Deacon Club has planned some functions for either friday night or tailgate before game?

Can't say I really care much about exhibition games.

We get it you don't care much about the bowl or Wake in general anymore. What do you think you are going to do sway other loyal Deacs excitement or opinions lol. Remember the old saying if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. Otherwise change ya name to bitch tannen because that's all you're acting like lately

Back