• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

We get it you don't care much about the bowl or Wake in general anymore. What do you think you are going to do sway other loyal Deacs excitement or opinions lol. Remember the old saying if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all. Otherwise change ya name to bitch tannen because that's all you're acting like lately

Just put him on ignore, easy fix.

Just put him on ignore, easy fix.

But an awful idea.

And I stand by my statement of not caring so much about bowl games. Thirty years ago they really meant something, even 20 years ago. Now that we have a playoff and 40 bowls, not so much. They're made-for TV events, which makes them perfect for watching on TV, if there's not something better on.

But an awful idea.

And I stand by my statement of not caring so much about bowl games. Thirty years ago they really meant something, even 20 years ago. Now that we have a playoff and 40 bowls, not so much. They're made-for TV events, which makes them perfect for watching on TV, if there's not something better on.

Bowl games are fun to attend. There are a lot of extra aspects that regular season games just don’t have. I’ve never regretted going to a bowl game, but I have regretted not going to one.

The bowl games are great for the players and an opportunity to start the offseason on a good note. Nothing negative about them for WFU.

biff, despite turning into a really shitty poster over the last couple of years, isn’t wrong about this

Bowl games are fun for the players, alumni, and fan base. Other than the playoff games, they really are meaningless. But they’re fun. What’s wrong with that?

Bowl games are a good time.

Biff sucks cock and Racer jerks off in corner watching.

Consistently going to bowl games are good for the players, good for recruiting, and a fun time for the fan base who can travel to attend. What’s the point of knocking bowl games besides a desire to be miserable?

Mike Norvell also said that today he and Darrell Henderson will begin discussing his future options.

Henderson hasn't decided yet if he's playing in the Birmingham Bowl or declaring for the NFL Draft but Norvell will support him either way. #Memphis

If our AA Dortch plays does that indicate he is returning next year??. Otherwise wouldn’t he too be wise to shut it down if going pro????

If our AA Dortch plays does that indicate he is returning next year??. Otherwise wouldn’t he too be wise to shut it down if going pro????

Different decision as a RB compared to WR, IMO.

Granted Harmon opted out which I don’t blame him.

biff, despite turning into a really shitty poster over the last couple of years, isn’t wrong about this

Thank you.

Are the DKE’s doing any sort of alumni event in Birmingham?

I’d tell you but I wouldn’t want you showing up trying to hang.

Bowl games are fun for the players, alumni, and fan base. Other than the playoff games, they really are meaningless. But they’re fun. What’s wrong with that?

Nothing. Some people are more into it than others. If you play a good opponent in a good locale it can be a good time. If you’re playing Temple in eastern Maryland, not so much.

Consistently going to bowl games are good for the players, good for recruiting, and a fun time for the fan base who can travel to attend. What’s the point of knocking bowl games besides a desire to be miserable?

Yes having a team that has proven it doesn’t totally suck by winning six games a year is a boon to recruiting compared to having a team that wins four games a year.

Tough decision. Do I watch Tennessee ass rape wake basketball or the wake bowl game?

“You know, whoever thinks that there’s too many bowl games hasn’t been part of college football that you get that win and you get in a bowl, and how much it means to the kids and how rewarding it is."

-Dave Clawson

“You know, whoever thinks that there’s too many bowl games hasn’t been part of college football that you get that win and you get in a bowl, and how much it means to the kids and how rewarding it is."

-Dave Clawson

18-20-year olds are a pretty pressionable lot. That’s why the military drafts 18-year olds instead of 28-year olds.

Back