• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

Most posters here, myself included, use to be deacon club members. Fuck Wellman, your a terrible person if your enabling his shit show at this point.

Deacon Club member here.
Going to Birmingham for Bowl game.
Donated tickets to enable the cause.
Headed out to fight a Salvation Army volunteer to IMPROVE my humaneness in your eyes.

BOWL SEASON!!!!

Most posters here, myself included, use to be deacon club members. Fuck Wellman, your a terrible person if your enabling his shit show at this point.

I believe this Cat has the right of it. Enablers are part of the problem, not the solution.

Hopefully Wellman will unite the fan base by shitcanning Manning followed by his own self. Would be the best thing he could do to begin the rehabilitation of his own image and Wake's.

Waiting for wellman to get shit canned while
Withholding giving.

How’s that working out?

Serious suggestion - You could join the Deacon Club and include a letter outlining what you would like to see happen in the athletic department. Then state you won’t renew next year unless those changes occur. I think they are much more likely to listen to donors than others.

I'm currently a DC member. I think you'd be surprised at the lack of participation among posters here, especially those who live in the greater LA area.

It seems the one man letter writing campaign emanating from the greater LA area would be much more effective if he was a DC member. The toilet threat would also be taken more seriously.

D.C. member for the football parking pass. I won't buy a basketball ticket until the current situation is remedied.

Deacon Club member here.
Going to Birmingham for Bowl game.
Donated tickets to enable the cause.
Headed out to fight a Salvation Army volunteer to IMPROVE my humaneness in your eyes.

BOWL SEASON!!!!
Terrible person was an overstatement.

When they call for money they are well aware of my distaste for wellman and my refusal to give the school anything until he is gone.

How’s that working out?

Serious suggestion - You could join the Deacon Club and include a letter outlining what you would like to see happen in the athletic department. Then state you won’t renew next year unless those changes occur. I think they are much more likely to listen to donors than others.

says the poster who definitely is not an AD employee

How’s that working out?

Good point. It does seem that Wellman has been super responsive with those dissatisfied with the past 9 years of dumpster fire.

Heavens Yes!

How’s that working out?

Wrong the only thing they are going to listen to besides Ron the con man Wellman is their bottom line. If they start losing significant revenue changes will happen.

Problem is Wellman has tricked a small amount of aging and demented donors to give large amounts of their net worth to the athletic department. Our AD has been reduced down to a predatory scam.

Don’t think they do it for Wellman. They do it because they love Wake football or basketball or whatever sport was their sport in college or that they care about.

Wrong the only thing they are going to listen to besides Ron the con man Wellman is their bottom line. If they start losing significant revenue changes will happen.

Problem is Wellman has tricked a small amount of aging and demented donors to give large amounts of their net worth to the athletic department. Our AD has been reduced down to a predatory scam.

You really think Sutton, Shah, Chris Paul, etc are aging and demented? You should choose your words more wisely.

The reality is that the 25 or so internet warriors that post repeatedly on this site that Manning, Wellman, Hatch, the BOT, etc need to be fired represent a small sliver of Wake fans. The Wake athletic department has experienced record fund raising over the past several years, both in the amount raised and the number of new donors. Here's just one link, but there are many https://wakeforestsports.com/news/2017/8/29/Athletics_Celebrates_Largest_Capital_Buildout_.aspx

I am absolutely with you that our basketball program is in a bad spot and Manning should be fired. I think he should be fired now, so planning can begin for hiring a great staff in the spring. But I think the message really becomes diluted when people go after Wellman, Hatch, the BOT, the school in general, etc. I get the blame Wellman receives, and I think it would be beneficial to basketball if he stepped down before the next coach is hired, but it is clear that many parts of the athletic department are doing really well right now, so in my opinion attacking the athletic department in general is a misguided and ineffective approach.

Given his posts on Kelly Bryant, I think he’s just a shill for ADs in general.

Well, I do like college sports in general and think they provide great opportunities for hundreds of thousands of athletes. They also motivate a lot of student-athletes to continue a focus on academics.

In regards to Kelly Bryant, I suggest we revisit his decision next year around this time to see if it appears he made a good choice.

You really think Sutton, Shah, Chris Paul, etc are aging and demented? You should choose your words more wisely.

The reality is that the 25 or so internet warriors that post repeatedly on this site that Manning, Wellman, Hatch, the BOT, etc need to be fired represent a small sliver of Wake fans. The Wake athletic department has experienced record fund raising over the past several years, both in the amount raised and the number of new donors. Here's just one link, but there are many https://wakeforestsports.com/news/2017/8/29/Athletics_Celebrates_Largest_Capital_Buildout_.aspx

I am absolutely with you that our basketball program is in a bad spot and Manning should be fired. I think he should be fired now, so planning can begin for hiring a great staff in the spring. But I think the message really becomes diluted when people go after Wellman, Hatch, the BOT, the school in general, etc. I get the blame Wellman receives, and I think it would be beneficial to basketball if he stepped down before the next coach is hired, but it is clear that many parts of the athletic department are doing really well right now, so in my opinion attacking the athletic department in general is a misguided and ineffective approach.

So, are you saying Wake Forest produces a lot of unintelligent graduates? Or just people that don't give a damn about the state of the basketball program? Maybe just a bunch of gullible people?

Which one are you implying?

So, are you saying Wake Forest produces a lot of unintelligent graduates? Or just people that don't give a damn about the state of the basketball program? Maybe just a bunch of gullible people?

Which one are you implying?

Why people are Deacon Club members? There are likely many potential reasons:

- They like seeing Wake win national championships?
- They like going to bowl games?
- They like having dominant teams?
- They think Dave Clawson is a fantastic coach and representative of the school?
- They like supporting all the student-athletes?

Back