• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

Well, I do like college sports in general and think they provide great opportunities for hundreds of thousands of athletes. They also motivate a lot of student-athletes to continue a focus on academics.

In regards to Kelly Bryant, I suggest we revisit his decision next year around this time to see if it appears he made a good choice.

He will still have a BA from Clemson next year. Possibly an MA from Missouri, too, by that time. That's better than a sizeable chunk of the population, if I remember the statistics correctly.

What? I assume most on this site are Deacon Club members. If not, what are they even doing here (besides being internet warriors)?
Dropped shortly after [Redacted] was hired. I'll be back when they get it right. I'm here because I love Wake Forest.

Wake has enough ACC money to keep things rolling. There aren't any under water basket weaving athletes suffering from my lack of giving.

Last edited:
Making your love conditional on something else is never a good idea.

Agreed. My love is not conditional on whether I give to the DC. Sometimes love means not enabling the addict any longer.

Love? Sure. Money? No. Money should always be conditional.

What? I assume most on this site are Deacon Club members. If not, what are they even doing here (besides being internet warriors)?

Then you've confirmed to be the dumbass you are.

Btw, if you'd lighten up on the enumerated "talking points" from the AD office, people might actually believe you're not a shill.

Last edited:
Btw, if you'd lighten up on the enumerated "talking points" from the AD office, people might actually believe you're not a shill.

What? When I wrote Manning should be fired and the next basketball coaching search would be better if Wellman was not involved? Or when I wrote that people support Wake athletics because they appreciate the national championships, bowl games, and dominant teams? All of those are my opinions, and I’ve been consistent in those opinions.

What? When I wrote Manning should be fired and the next basketball coaching search would be better if Wellman was not involved? Or when I wrote that people support Wake athletics because they appreciate the national championships, bowl games, and dominant teams? All of those are my opinions, and I’ve been consistent in those opinions.

Just give it up dumbass. No one really even gives a shit any longer.

It doesn’t make sense for those of us that live far away to be in DC. I make a few games a year and still get better tickets just buying only. As someone finishing a PhD, it would just be wasted money.

Just give it up dumbass. No one really even gives a shit any longer.

This is such a loser mentality. Rafi is dead on, with supporting the school but hating the direction of the basketball program!

Fire Wellman for the basketball disaster, but to abandon giving to the whole school through tickets and donations to everything but basketball is myopic and moronic. Clawson and the football program deserve much better. To hide behind Wellman’s failure in basketball as to why you don’t contribute is as much an indictment of how poor/cheap you are as it is Wellman inept at basketball decisions.

Not mutually exclusive. Wellman out! Wake support in!

It doesn’t make sense for those of us that live far away to be in DC. I make a few games a year and still get better tickets just buying only. As someone finishing a PhD, it would just be wasted money.
A student membership is stupid-cheap and you accumulate points at the same rate as everyone else. Consecutive annual giving also enhances your rank.

This is such a loser mentality. Rafi is dead on, with supporting the school but hating the direction of the basketball program!

Fire Wellman for the basketball disaster, but to abandon giving to the whole school through tickets and donations to everything but basketball is myopic and moronic. Clawson and the football program deserve much better. To hide behind Wellman’s failure in basketball as to why you don’t contribute is as much an indictment of how poor/cheap you are as it is Wellman inept at basketball decisions.

Not mutually exclusive. Wellman out! Wake support in!

Why would you trust Wellman with your money if you want him fired?

A student membership is stupid-cheap and you accumulate points at the same rate as everyone else. Consecutive annual giving also enhances your rank.

Did it for many year buddy. My rank was a joke. You know I sat on the front row for years. I don’t have the patience for shit tickets if I only make a couple games a year.

Bottom line is, if you support something financially, you are saying that you are supportive of the direction and leadership of that entity.

Wellman is supported by the BOT precisely because donations are up.

If you want change, withholding is the only voice you have. Empty seats speak.

Keep donating and going to basketball games as long as you are pleased with the direction of the program and with Wellman extending Danny Manning after holding on to BZ years too long.
Sit quietly in the seats and golf clap when we get the score within 20.

Let's rename the arena "The Joel Mausoleum".

that’s dumb. i’ve upped my donations lately but as part of the football training room and baseball facility upgrades.

Bottom line is, if you support something financially, you are saying that you are supportive of the direction and leadership of that entity.

Wellman is supported by the BOT precisely because donations are up.

If you want change, withholding is the only voice you have. Empty seats speak.

1) This approach isn’t working, which is why I suggested a different approach.

2) If one was happy with the football team and many other Wake teams, yet was not happy with the direction of the basketball program, how would you suggest they financially support the other programs?

1) This approach isn’t working, which is why I suggested a different approach.

2) If one was happy with the football team and many other Wake teams, yet was not happy with the direction of the basketball program, how would you suggest they financially support the other programs?

Unfortunately you don't get that choice. If you are sufficiently pleased with the overall direction of the program, support it. It is reasonable to like the non revenue sports enough to deal with the destruction of the basketball program. If that is how you feel, then it makes sense to continue your support.

What bothers me the most is that this entire fiasco is self inflicted. There is no logic to what has been done. There is a definite lack of concern with doing what is necessary to fix it.

The only chance that it will be fixed without a change in focus will be that we get lucky. The off chance that someone accidentally makes a good decision is what we are left to hope for.

Donaldross is right that you all deserve this because you are enabling morons.

Back