• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

2007 MVP of Birmingham Bowl - Ben Mauk
Going to take that as a good omen.

Count me in for Birmingham.

It was Wellman who orchestrated us to get into this precise bowl... he knew it was the only way we could be distracted from complaining about getting thrashed by Tennessee in basketball at the exact same time.

In all seriousness it will be rather fascinating to be watching both games simultaneously.

Last time I was at Legion Field was to see some soccer matches during the 1996 Olympics.
It was not a modern place then, and that was 22 years ago.

A quick look on Google Maps and I can definitely see what you mean.

mind reader

You mean black people live there? It’s an 11am kickoff. Chill the hell out kids......Did you mean to say that most black people are night owls?????

Glad to hear that Birmingham is totally safe, including the area around Legion Field.

Glad to hear that Birmingham is totally safe, including the area around Legion Field.

If you go two streets over from BB&T field you will probably find what surrounds Legion Field. So idk what the big fuss is about. I go to Jamison Park near FCDS and Meadowlark Middle and Elemantary schools multiple times a week, and there has been a string of car break ins recently. People need to keep things in perspective and realize that crime happens everywhere.

Game plan against Memphis seems pretty straight forward. Tulane rushed for 320 yards at about 7 yards per carry. Our backs will be all healed up and fresh. I see a beat down with time of possession way over on the good guys side.

You mean black people live there? It’s an 11am kickoff. Chill the hell out kids.

See, that's racist as shit. The implication with that tired old stereotype that black folk don't get up before noon. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Nope, but I have a buddy whose family used to live over there. Turns out it’s not actually Camden, NJ.

Or maybe the stadium is really just in a bad neighborhood.

Anyone been to Birmingham, is it worth a trip? I’ve only ever driven through the city but it seemed kinda cool when I did.

What is a “bad neighborhood?”

If you go two streets over from BB&T field you will probably find what surrounds Legion Field. So idk what the big fuss is about. I go to Jamison Park near FCDS and Meadowlark Middle and Elemantary schools multiple times a week, and there has been a string of car break ins recently. People need to keep things in perspective and realize that crime happens everywhere.

Probably a bunch of coked up FCDS kids doing the breaking in.

I've actually heard Birmingham is on the rise. Heard a lot of good things are happening there and it has a strong nightlife. Never spent any time there but just from what I hear, it's an up and coming city.

What is a “bad neighborhood?”

Legion Field is only in the 12th worst neighborhood in Birmingham according to roadsnacks.com.

https://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-neighborhoods-in-birmingham-al/

But being honest, Legion Field is a dump and the surrounding neighborhood is in decline in a growing city. The stadium actually contributes to the problem. The took the unused upper deck off the stadium in 2005 and that's basically the only money that's been put into the stadium in 30 years.

Back