• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

It's also free to replay on the espn app. I just watched the whole thing again fast forwarding through the commercials

PLVFa.jpg

Packers just kicked it deep up 3 against the Jets very late in the game

it did not go well

Pretty freaking exciting game to watch.

Great win for all Deacs.

Congratulations to coaches and players for digging in, adjusting and persevering and making this a winning year.

It's also free to replay on the espn app. I just watched the whole thing again fast forwarding through the commercials

Also watched on the app.

For those that want to watch on TV, check out 9:00 PM on Christmas night, on ESPNU.

98% chance I replicate the final scene in A Christmas Story, where I put the kids to bed after an epically, adventurous Christmas Day, I sit in the dark next to a lit Christmas tree, sipping on a scotch. Only difference will be instead of looking out on Euclid Avenue, I will watch the Deacons play again. That and maybe no duck. “It’s...it’s smiling at me.”

Birmingham was a fun place. Stadium area was very depressed, but people of Birmingham and downtown bars were delightful.

Speaking of bars, as a former Birmingham resident, I'm curious where people ate and drank.

Speaking of bars, as a former Birmingham resident, I'm curious where people ate and drank.

Paramount, moonshine (roof of elyton), and the atomic. The atomic was quite interesting.

Also some place in so called uptown but wasn’t anything special. Also dinner one night at John’s.

Just saw this write-up on ESPN in their bowl takeaway thread. Pretty poor to not get the scoring play right.

Jared Birmingham Bowl

Wake Forest 37, Memphis 34

“Wake Forest continues to play some of the most exciting bowl games every year, and Alex Bachman's touchdown grab with 35 seconds to play to beat Memphis fits the bill. The bigger question for the Deacons moving forward might be at QB, where Sam Hartman was solid before getting hurt in November, only to see Jamie Newman blossom down the stretch. On the other side, Memphis has to be reeling from blowing yet another big first-half lead. It was a decent season for Mike Norvell's team, but it could've been so much more if they'd closed games out.” -- David Hale

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25541689/the-most-important-takeaway-bowl-game

Great time in Birmingham! Very nice pregame tailgate done by the Deacon Club with good food and drinks. Very nice swag handed out for the game--clear bag, Wake Forest rolled blanket, stickers & buttons plus some koozies. Across the stadium near our gate they were handing out free Wake Forest long sleeved Tee shirts in all sizes. Then of course the game was awesome. Stadium inside looked a lot like Notre Dame in that it was just this huge concrete bowl of seats. Outside was an ugly erector set with metal light poles that looked like they were ready to tip over. Glad I went!

Just saw this write-up on ESPN in their bowl takeaway thread. Pretty poor to not get the scoring play right.

Jared Birmingham Bowl

Wake Forest 37, Memphis 34

“Wake Forest continues to play some of the most exciting bowl games every year, and Alex Bachman's touchdown grab with 35 seconds to play to beat Memphis fits the bill. The bigger question for the Deacons moving forward might be at QB, where Sam Hartman was solid before getting hurt in November, only to see Jamie Newman blossom down the stretch. On the other side, Memphis has to be reeling from blowing yet another big first-half lead. It was a decent season for Mike Norvell's team, but it could've been so much more if they'd closed games out.” -- David Hale

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25541689/the-most-important-takeaway-bowl-game

Saw that too. And it’s David Hale. No biggie really. No one is reading that but us!

No. They had maybe half again as many as Wake. Maybe a little more than that.

Back