• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

Sorry no gates or country club here, also don’t you live on a lake, those are definitely a hot bed of diversity.

JOHNNY "ITALIAN STALLION" MUSSO

Johnny \
CLASS OF 1989
Category: Distinguished Sportsmen
BORN: 3/6/1950 IN BIRMINGHAM, AL

Johnny Musso was born March 6, 1950, Birmingham, Alabama. The Italian Stallion was a three year starter at halfback for the University of Alabama 1969, 1970 and 1971. He rushed for 2,741 career yards and 34 touchdowns, a Crimson Tide record for 16 years. He completed 5 passes for 88 yards and 2 touchdowns and had 61 pass receptions for 495 yards and 4 touchdowns. His total offense 3,328 yards gained and 40 touchdowns. Winning All SEC and All American honors, he was 4th in the Heisman Trophy voting and was a National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete and a NCAA post graduate scholarship winner. Drafted by the Chicago Bears he chose to go to the Canadian League. He played three years there, one year in the World Football League, and three years with the Bears. In 2000, he was inducted into College Footballs Hall of Fame. He now resides in Chicago.

I remember him, and a lot of other RBs in the southeast that used to wear the cut off/tear away jerseys.
For some reason, it made them look fast. Thought they were cool. Well, I guess they were in the literal sense.

Reading some of the reactions from Tigers fans, they have very little faith in their defense. Should be a shootout. Although we've had so many injuries to ours, I feel like Clawson has them going in the right direction considering. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 41-35 type game. Might be like last years game against A&M.

Seems like GT fans are really upset they got Detroit instead of Birmingham.

Reading some of the reactions from Tigers fans, they have very little faith in their defense. Should be a shootout. Although we've had so many injuries to ours, I feel like Clawson has them going in the right direction considering. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 41-35 type game. Might be like last years game against A&M.

A prediction I saw was 42-38, so yeah, most folks are expecting a high scoring, shootout type of game.
Should be fun, as long as we win.

Memphis is -3.5 O/U 73. Lots of scoring anticipated.

I wonder if they'll have Tulane's coach in the studio for an early morning breakdown of the Deacon and Tiger defenses.

Memphis is -3.5 O/U 73. Lots of scoring anticipated.

It's obvious that there has been improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Save for the Duke game, the defense still gave up plenty of points in the past 5 games.

Here's to hoping the defense against Duke becomes more of the "norm" instead of a flash-in-the-pan, playing lights out for bowl eligibility.

It's obvious that there has been improvement on the defensive side of the ball. Save for the Duke game, the defense still gave up plenty of points in the past 5 games.

Here's to hoping the defense against Duke becomes more of the "norm" instead of a flash-in-the-pan, playing lights out for bowl eligibility.

You would think there would be better defense just from the simple fact that 1) you have three weeks to game plan and 2) you team gets healthier (Glenn and Masterson come to mind).

Back