• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

You would think there would be better defense just from the simple fact that 1) you have three weeks to game plan and 2) you team gets healthier (Glenn and Masterson come to mind).

Yeah. The reason I copied Pilchard's post was in response to the O/U which I think is high. I would take the under, with the assumption that what we saw against Duke (and State), we will see against Memphis.

Vegas did not catch up to the fact that WF slowed tempo at the end of the season and that WF defense improved. WF went way under the total in 3 of its last 4 games. The one that did not, the total was 61.5, and WF held Duke to 7 points.

That said this is the total number of points scored in Memphis' games this year:

An average of 76 per game, and 7 games over 73 and 6 games under that total.

So, 73 is a low total for a Memphis game.

Vegas did not catch up to the fact that WF slowed tempo at the end of the season and that WF defense improved. WF went way under the total in 3 of its last 4 games. The one that did not, the total was 61.5, and WF held Duke to 7 points.

That said this is the total number of points scored in Memphis' games this year:

An average of 76 per game, and 7 games over 73 and 6 games under that total.

So, 73 is a low total for a Memphis game.

Weather will be a big factor in this. Memphis was awful in the 2nd half of the first UCF game when it began to monsoon, and they have been bad the last couple of years in very cold and/or wet weather. I think they lost the Navy game this year in heavy rain as well. So it will be interesting to see what the forecasts start to look like about 10 days out.

Just saw this on twitter:

Official Wake Forest hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Birmingham
250 18th St. S. Birmingham

8 min from field - $114 a night.

Lol, whut?
29q16h2.png

Just booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn. Cost me $162.00 per night with breakfast. They charge $12.00 per night to park your car. Why does Wake choose thugs/hoodlums/thieves/robbers like these for our team hotels??

The Official hotel is a Hilton Garden Inn ? Those only usually have about 100 rooms to begin with. What kind of shitty bowl is this anyway ?

Just booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn. Cost me $162.00 per night with breakfast. They charge $12.00 per night to park your car. Why does Wake choose thugs/hoodlums/thieves/robbers like these for our team hotels??

I'm not sure I even understand your complaint. Are you complaining that the rate is too high or that overnight parking at $12 is a ripoff ? Or that the hotel is run by a street gang ?

My email says parking is complimentary.

Good point, The Mansfield dam and Tom Miller Dam are what breaks off the Colorado river into Lake Austin.

Technically all man made lakes are reservoirs, but that is really splitting hairs at some point.

Last edited:

Unless your driving down just Uber man, so much easier.

Radisson operates a Country Inn and Suites just 13 miles from Legion Field. Tough to beat $85 a night with free parking/breakfast

Radisson operates a Country Inn and Suites just 13 miles from Legion Field. Tough to beat $85 a night with free parking/breakfast

Any word on Deacon club activities? Any pep rally on friday night or tailgate party on saturday?

Back