• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

“Somewhat efficiently?” He had two of the most efficient conference games by a Wake QB in the last ten years.

BSD needs to come get their people.

Last edited:
About a 7 hour drive from Winston-Salem are to Birmingham. Several fairly cheap Marriott type downtown hotels in the Birmingham area. Residence Inn for about $135 with AAA. Something called the Eylton Hotel which is part of their Autograph Collection and runs about $152/night.

About a 7 hour drive from Winston-Salem are to Birmingham. Several fairly cheap Marriott type downtown hotels in the Birmingham area. Residence Inn for about $135 with AAA. Something called the Eylton Hotel which is part of their Autograph Collection and runs about $152/night.

Flying from GSO in Friday. Staying in Elyton, which looks close to the bar scene.

I've been huge on Newman since before this season but he missed too many wide open receivers downfield to call him much of a threat. Maybe better put would be he's sometimes very efficient and sometimes not. Depends on which Newman shows up.

any chance the memphis RB sits this one out to preserve NFL chances?

LOL ! You really think an offensive player looking to moving up in the draft is going to sit out against the Wake defense ?

I think we’ll win by attempting a fake punt by putting Kendall Hinton in as a punt protector and Memphis won’t even catch on. No wait, Clawson isn’t that stupid, unlike some high paid SEC coach.

Debating my attendance, as it’s only 2-2.5 hours from ATL.

Wish it weren’t a Saturday. Would be easier to do a night game during the week and expense most of it as work related.

I played Bowl roulette and bet it all on black. Looked like we were a sure bet for Tampa. Hit red and we're going to Birmingham. Luckily we're flying into MCO, so looks like a childless 3 day vacay in FL the week before Christmas.

Having been to the Legion Field Bowl, I recommend leaving all valuables in the hotel. Not the car. Not the bus from the hotel. In the hotel, preferably locked in the room safe.

Having been to the Legion Field Bowl, I recommend leaving all valuables in the hotel. Not the car. Not the bus from the hotel. In the hotel, preferably locked in the room safe.

Yeah I saw this recommendation last year as well and it's one of the top comments on CFB reddit - that Birmingham has nice areas but the immediate surroundings and Legion Field are...not part of those nice areas.

Last time I was at Legion Field was to see some soccer matches during the 1996 Olympics.
It was not a modern place then, and that was 22 years ago.

I played Bowl roulette and bet it all on black. Looked like we were a sure bet for Tampa. Hit red and we're going to Birmingham. Luckily we're flying into MCO, so looks like a childless 3 day vacay in FL the week before Christmas.

Sucks :)

Yeah I saw this recommendation last year as well and it's one of the top comments on CFB reddit - that Birmingham has nice areas but the immediate surroundings and Legion Field are...not part of those nice areas.

You mean black people live there? It’s an 11am kickoff. Chill the hell out kids.

Back