• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

To be fair, we had like 3x as many people as aTm last year.

They had good weather and TWO teams with good local fanbases. I've been to the game a few times when Wake wasn't playing including then one time when Nick Chubb was the MVP.

South Carolina definitely brought more than 50% more than A&M. Guess that means we brought more than UVA! Thanks for the update, Biff!

That's not how the math works, but yeah, I'd bet we brought about as much as UVa.

itt guy who went to small school complains that small school doesn't bring a lot of fans to bowl games

I don’t know why a local with no rooting interest would go to a bowl game especially one with mediocre teams.

I tailgated with WVU and UT fans I know at the WVU/UT game this year but didn't run into any tickets I was willing to buy. Most any game that comes to Charlotte is going to include teams where I know folks attending. Seeing friends is about the only reason I'd attend, unless I was just handed some club seats via network/friends.

Yeah. Friends are always a good reason to do random stuff you wouldn't normally do.

I went to the first few Charlotte bowls as something to do, always had a good time, probably capped by the UVa band's antics insulting the entire state of West Virginia. Other highlights being seeing a young Larry Fitzgerald do werk (though not as much as he would do in the same venue in Jan. '09) and UNC losing, which is always pleasant.

Don't think many people do that now these days though with the proliferation of bowls and so much attention on the playoff. Think ticket prices have grown pretty substantially as well

Last edited:
Back