• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worse ACC Bball team in last 40 years????

Don't know about individual team, but Wake on the whole has almost been the worst team over the last 15 years. KenPom ranks of teams in the ACC since 2002 (as far back as the data goes), sorted by median ranking. Only includes teams rankings while they were in the ACC, so some teams have a smaller sample than others, don't know if that helps or hurts our attempt to be the lowest ranked team, but still, not a great look.

VRUPG5Fl.jpg

Wake 2011 is definitely included in the list of worst seasons in ACC history - 8-24 (1-15, lone win at home against a UVA team outside the KP top 100). We finished the year 259th in the country. To get worse than 150 or so as an ACC team is pretty bad - to bottom out beyond the top 250 is very difficult to do for any major conference team.

Pitt last year also needs to be in there. 8-24 (0-18 with an ACCT loss) and finished 227th in KP.

People forget just how bad that 2011 Buzz team really was because the ACC was also historically bad that year. Being sub 200 for a P5 school is amazingly bad.

I can't remember what school it was, but one ACC team had their RPI drop dramatically because they ended the season with 20 points wins over us and BC.

Last edited:
The swiftness of Pitt's turnaround under Capel has been a surprise. It didn't take the Panthers long to leave WF in the dust.
They might lose tonight at home to 2-4 Niagara. Which makes me happy because misery loves company.

People forget just how bad that 2011 Buzz team really was because the ACC was also historically bad that year. Being sub 200 for a P5 school is amazingly bad.

I can't remember what school it was, but one ACC team had their RPI drop dramatically because they ended the season with 20 points wins over us and BC.

BC was a bubble team that saw their RPI plummet that year playing us last game of the regular season and first game of the ACC tournament.

In that season GT lost home games to Western Carolina, Wofford, Troy State, and someone called Baptist (by 23)[/QUOTE]

Baptist changed their name to Charleston Southern maybe 30 years ago.

Back