• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Revenge game. Do it for Brian Piccolo.

macktheknife

Reaction score
1964. Wake goes 5-5. Piccolo was ACC player of the year and a 1000 yard rusher. Memphis beat Wake Forest 23 to 14. Payback time. This game is huge.

1964. Wake goes 5-5. Piccolo was ACC player of the year and a 1000 yard rusher. Memphis beat Wake Forest 23 to 14. Payback time. This game is huge.

Interesting history.
I bet the press and announcers pick up on this.

We also played Memphis in 1965, 1966, and 1967. The all-time series is tied 2-2.

so somewhat of a rubber match as well. Payback for Pic it is!

so somewhat of a rubber match as well. Payback for Pic it is!

I would rather avenge the heartbreaking sweet 16 loss to Memphis in the NCAA tournament in the 80's. Tacy inexplicably slowed the tempo down while we were up about 10 points. Epic loss of momentum.

I would rather avenge the heartbreaking sweet 16 loss to Memphis in the NCAA tournament in the 80's. Tacy inexplicably slowed the tempo down while we were up about 10 points. Epic loss of momentum.

I was there. The entire Memphis team sported Jheri Curls:

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I've been waiting for this revenge game since I was unborn

Yeah - WF lost that 1982 game, but as of 1986, Memphis did not officially win it

Sad!

Memphis bball did have one of the great name of a player- Baskerville Holmes.

Last edited:

IIRC, Pic was the leading rusher and leading scorer for the nation that year.

Back