• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford in Israel

What exactly are you trying to do then?

You’re not just pointing things out when you start talking about causal chains and causality. You’re using statistics language and justifications to make an argument that doesn’t involve statistical analysis.

It really seems like you’re just being difficult to be difficult.

nobody ruins threads quite like him

Strickland bitches and bitches about others not responding and changing the subject but as he is wont to do, he's the one doing it here again. But he'll blame RJ.

Here we go again:

Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
So you'd rather have the Jews EXTERMINATED. If Israel is forced NOT to exist, they won't go down without being killed.

Israel is 100% willing to in peace with the Muslims and Arabs as has been proven with Jordan and Egypt. It's not about Israel not wanting it live in peace."

Than Strickland said:
This is a false choice.

Then RJ said:

Tim Duncan

RJKarl's Avatar Join Date
Mar 2011
If YOU think Israel will give up their right to exist as a country without an all out war, you are dELUSIONAL. It's NOT a false choice.

Israel has proven its willingness to create and then live with peace."

Then YOU demand I respond to something without you responding to me AGAIN:

Scooter Banks

Strickland33's Avatar Join Date
Aug 2011
Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
Of course you don't respond to your BS "false choice" accusation.

Are YOU so delusional that you think Israel would give up it's state without fighting to the last person?

What was your response? I don't see it."

But of course you'll blame RJ....like always......

That is/was indeed a false choice.

Strickland bitches and bitches about others not responding and changing the subject but as he is wont to do, he's the one doing it here again. But he'll blame RJ.

Here we go again:

Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
So you'd rather have the Jews EXTERMINATED. If Israel is forced NOT to exist, they won't go down without being killed.

Israel is 100% willing to in peace with the Muslims and Arabs as has been proven with Jordan and Egypt. It's not about Israel not wanting it live in peace."

Than Strickland said:
This is a false choice.

Then RJ said:

Tim Duncan

RJKarl's Avatar Join Date
Mar 2011
If YOU think Israel will give up their right to exist as a country without an all out war, you are dELUSIONAL. It's NOT a false choice.

Israel has proven its willingness to create and then live with peace."

Then YOU demand I respond to something without you responding to me AGAIN:

Scooter Banks

Strickland33's Avatar Join Date
Aug 2011
Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
Of course you don't respond to your BS "false choice" accusation.

Are YOU so delusional that you think Israel would give up it's state without fighting to the last person?

What was your response? I don't see it."

But of course you'll blame RJ....like always......

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Go back and read my first response and tell me what you think it says.

I read it as "I'm a smarmy, obtuse, condescending cocksucker who likes to argue semantics and use terminology that has no real relation to the discussion taking place to try to fill the gaping hole inside of me that nothing ever seems to quite stuff." But, as I readily admitted, I have real difficulties with reading comprehension.

Lol. I literally just said that most news about Wake Basketball accurately paints Manning in the most negative light. Not even sure how you call that support anymore.

It’s almost like you never miss an opportunity to tamp down the anti-Manning rhetoric and then, in turn, claim that’s not what you are doing and that you never really liked the guy. How admonishing posts do we need that say something like “there are a lot of problems with Manning’s coaching, but this one is not at the top of the list of concerns.”?

It’s almost like you never miss an opportunity to tamp down the anti-Manning rhetoric and then, in turn, claim that’s not what you are doing and that you never really liked the guy. How admonishing posts do we need that say something like “there are a lot of problems with Manning’s coaching, but this one is not at the top of the list of concerns.”?

Link? I’ll own tamping down claims about Manning that are incorrect.

I read it as "I'm a smarmy, obtuse, condescending cocksucker who likes to argue semantics and use terminology that has no real relation to the discussion taking place to try to fill the gaping hole inside of me that nothing ever seems to quite stuff." But, as I readily admitted, I have real difficulties with reading comprehension.

Clearly.

Maybe give it one more try. Is there a specific part of the post that is tripping you up? Do you think we were better than shitty in any of the seasons I mentioned? Do you disagree with my assignments of blame for those seasons?

Or did you misread my post as assigning blame to Odom and Skip for our current predicament and are now to embarrassed to admit it?

Or are you upset that I didn’t delineate between the different levels of shitty for each of those seasons? If so, I sympathize with you.

Clearly.

Maybe give it one more try. Is there a specific part of the post that is tripping you up? Do you think we were better than shitty in any of the seasons I mentioned? Do you disagree with my assignments of blame for those seasons?

Or did you misread my post as assigning blame to Odom and Skip for our current predicament and are now to embarrassed to admit it?

Or are you upset that I didn’t delineate between the different levels of shitty for each of those seasons? If so, I sympathize with you.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I got it right the first time.

Clearly.

Everyone seems to be misunderstanding your posts or struggling with reading comprehension. That must be hard for you. However, In the spirit of scientific inquiry I’ll pose an alternative hypothesis for you to consider, you struggle with clarity in your arguments and writing.

Everyone seems to be misunderstanding your posts or struggling with reading comprehension. That must be hard for you. However, In the spirit of scientific inquiry I’ll pose an alternative hypothesis for you to consider, you struggle with clarity in your arguments and writing.

Feel free to pick up the mantle for mako. What do you think that post was saying. I will admit that I suck at making the arguments many want me to make or retroactively attribute to me. If you read every post of mine as AD approved Manning-loving propaganda, then I see how many of them would be confusing.

I’m perfectly comfortable with the hypothesis where most people suck at reading comprehension, but I’ll take your alternative one under consideration.

Feel free to pick up the mantle for mako. What do you think that post was saying. I will admit that I suck at making the arguments many want me to make or retroactively attribute to me. If you read every post of mine as AD approved Manning-loving propaganda, then I see how many of them would be confusing.

I’m perfectly comfortable with the hypothesis where most people suck at reading comprehension, but I’ll take your alternative one under consideration.

Or maybe we can all just realize you are what you are, and find all this shit dull and move on to meaningful discourse with posters who actually wish to have a discussion rather than simply strive to be a contrarian. Good day, sir.

Just say what you mean: The players improving their level of play after leaving wake could be a sign that Manning sucked and actively mismanaged their talent or alternatively it could be a sign the Manning taught them some stuff that they are now using in their next endeavor. There are probably other explanations too, but we don’t know the right answer. Bringing Skip and Odom into the thread is weird and convolutes any legitimate point that you are trying to make. Those side arguments (along with all the condescending comments) precipitates an argument clarity problem for you, but you insist others can’t read as if that kind of response is going to help understand your case.

Does it? [refers directly to the quoted text. Could also be written: Does the question “why were we so shitty” still remain [unanswered]]

The answer to that question [why were we so shitty?has been obvious any time it has needed to be asked The question “why were we so shitty?” only needs to be asked about a season in which we were shitty.

The only uncertainty [the only part or the answer that isn’t obvious] was how far back in the causal chain [“why” questions are answered by a cause. Most effects [being shitty] have a cause [Danny Manning currently] that is also an effect of some other cause [Ron Wellman]. This forms a causal chain. you needed to go. [You can almost always identify a but-for cause for any given effect, but that cause is not always “proximate” (excuse the legal jargon) to the effect you are ultimately trying to assign blame for. It’s not always obvious how far back, or even which direction (some effects have more than one but-for cause), to go.]

[The following are examples of the above observation

97-99: Odom, but he’ll fix it. [We were shitty during the 97-98 season and the 98-99 season. This was Dave Odom’s fault. Given his track record it was a reasonable assumption he would fix the problem. He did.

05-07: Skip, but he’ll fix it. [same as Odom]

10-12: [Redacted], but surely Wellman will fix it. [[Redacted] was an obvious mistake from the get go but the prevailing assumption among the fan base was that Wellman would fix the problem he created

12-16: [Redacted], but really Wellman (maybe he fixed it?). [Wellman failed to fix the problem for two years and then took steps to fix the situation that showed at least some signs of promise. My two year pass for Manning is so well known I didn’t feel the need to mention it.

17-present: Manning, but really Wellman, but actually really Hatch and the BOT. [ We are shitty because of Manning, but Manning is still here because of Wellman, who is still here because of Hatch, etc.]

This isn’t rocket science. [I truly thought this observation would not be controversial.]

Annotated version for those still struggling.

Just say what you mean: The players improving their level of play after leaving wake could be a sign that Manning sucked and actively mismanaged their talent or alternatively it could be a sign the Manning taught them some stuff that they are now using in their next endeavor. There are probably other explanations too, but we don’t know the right answer. Bringing Skip and Odom into the thread is weird and convolutes any legitimate point that you are trying to make. Those side arguments (along with all the condescending comments) precipitates an argument clarity problem for you, but you insist others can’t read as if that kind of response is going to help understand your case.

That’s certainly not what I meant.

If a bunch of players actually made huge improvements immediately after leaving Wake (they didn’t) and someone made a post about it, that might be something I would say in response. And I certainly wouldn’t bring Odom and Skip into that conversation as it would indeed be weird.

In any event, that would be a nonsensical, or at least very incomplete, response to a a post posing the apparently unanswered question of “why were we so shitty?”

That’s certainly not what I meant.

If a bunch of players actually made huge improvements immediately after leaving Wake (they didn’t) and someone made a post about it, that might be something I would say in response. And I certainly wouldn’t bring Odom and Skip into that conversation as it would indeed be weird.

In any event, that would be a nonsensical, or at least very incomplete, response to a a post posing the apparently unanswered question of “why were we so shitty?”

Fair enough. Why, then, are you so shitty?

I’m doing great. Healthy and happy, can’t ask for much more. Not sweating people I think are shitty (very few tbh) helps with the latter, I’m sure. I’ll offer that as some friendly advice.

I suppose that'll be significantly easier in March, big guy.

Back