• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UNCC 49ers -- Thursday 7 pm ACC Network

I'm not ready to call any player on this team good or bad. #ilearneditfromwatchingyoucoach

Geez, a W and only a 10 page thread.... we used to have 10 pages by the first TV time out.
#culture

I watched the 2nd half and saw some good things. We looked organized on offense. That's progress.

Our freshmen are fun to watch and Sarr seemed to wake up a bit. I guess not starting got his attention.

I watched the 2nd half and saw some good things. We looked organized on offense. That's progress.

Our freshmen are fun to watch and Sarr seemed to wake up a bit. I guess not starting got his attention.
Getting stuffed by the rim twice seemed to be what woke him up. He sucked most of the game.

Getting stuffed by the rim twice seemed to be what woke him up. He sucked most of the game.

Maybe after getting rimjected twice, it finally clicked that he’s 7 feet tall and should be able to dunk a basketball.

Maybe after getting rimjected twice, it finally clicked that he’s 7 feet tall and should be able to dunk a basketball.
Similar to the way that Hoard realizes for about 5 minutes every game that he's way better than everyone else on the court...and then Manning benches him.

I know they're just going to let me down again, but I can't help but feel a least a little optimistic after that 2nd half.

That game represents what we should be able to do to all teams ranked 200+. Our offense struggled early on, but we were able to play decent defense and gets stops, which allowed us to go up 10 at the half. In the second half we played better on offense and pulled away. But make no mistake, the key is the defense. We have the talent to play good defense, but the coaching is completely lacking. The players are not motivated to play defense, and they make the same mistakes game after game, which was why it was good to see us play well defensively, at least for a stretch.

Davidson will be an extremely well coached team - they'll be disciplined and smart. TN will also be well-coached, and they'll be really good on D and will have athletes that are equivalent to Wake. I don't think we'll win either game.

Charlotte is horrible, no optimism for me here.

I'm with you. We actually played well against Charlotte, Richmond, and Army for a 3 game stretch last year, and we all know how that season ended.

Seriously though, Mucius could be very good for us. Put on a little weight, some experience, he could be nasty. If Danny doesn’t run him off of course.

If he stays at WFU for 3 or 4 years, he could be first team All-ACC good. Very good energy, athleticism and shooting ability.

Back