• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- UNCC 49ers -- Thursday 7 pm ACC Network

Pilchard

Reaction score
Record: #302 Charlotte is 2-4 in their first year under former UVA Assistant Ron Sanchez. Charlotte is 2-4 with a surprising upset of #53 OK State, and a three point win over #303 Longwood. UNCC has losses to #70 Davidson by 20. #118 Charleston by 8. #200 JMU by 5. #318 Chattanooga by 11. They are 0-2 on the road.

Offense: Bad. #307. As you would expect with a Tony Bennett disciple as the new head coach, UNCC plays at a snails pace (#345 in length of offensive possessions). Their offensive numbers stink except for free throw shooting as the 49ers are the #1 FT shooting team in the country (81.3%). Otherwise, they turn the ball over a lot (#315), don't rebound well (#315 in offensive rebound%), and can't shoot (29.7% from 3 #290; 46.6% from 2 #260). They have not cracked 70 points in any game this year.

Defense: Slightly better than bad. UNCC does two things well on D: they keep teams off the glass (#5 in preventing offensive rebounds) which is a reflection of their pack-line defense; they also block shots #19. They are mediocre at defending the 3 (34.6% #207), and don't defend the paint well (52.2% defending 2s -- #225).

Lineup: Charlotte lost three of their top players, among them WF transfer Andrien White, from last year's awful 6-23 team (WF beat UNCC by 23 at Charlotte last year). Their best player, by far, is senior PG Jon Davis. He has scored over 20 points in 4 of their 6 games, including 31 against Chattanooga. Outside of Davis, Charlotte starts 3 freshman and a sophomore (no "lack of experience" excuse in this game; Charlotte is #336 in experience). Charlotte starts: PG 6-3 Sr Jon Davis, 6-1 SG Fr Cooper Robb, SF Fr 6-6 Malik Martin, PF Fr 6-9 Dravon Mangum, 6-9 So C Milos Supica. Charlotte has some size off the bench -- 6-10 Jailan Haslem and 6-7 Brandon Younger.

Bottom Line: KP projects a 74-62 WF win. Charlotte has lost 9 straight road games. This is the easiest game left on WF's schedule, but the Deacs have struggled against weaker teams (e.g., WCU). Impossible to be confident given WF recent history, but if WF can focus its defense on stopping Davis and if WF can hit open shots, WF should win this game (Manning is 2-0 against Charlotte with two easy wins).

Last edited:
I was offered as many free tickets as I wanted to this game. I declined. Low scoring game between 2 very bad teams. Seems Ron wants to get some home attendance numbers up by offering free tickets around town. Even free isn't worth the price of admission to this dumpster fire. Maybe offer to pay fans to come watch this game.

Wake will get up by around 15 or so with 5 minutes to go in the first half and look like they are going to blow Charlotte out - instead Charlotte will get it down to around 6 or 7 by the half. Then Charlotte will actually take the lead toward the end of the game, but they will miss some wide open shots, while Wake will make FTs down the stretch and squeak one out by 4 or 5 points. Afterward Manning will mumble that we didn't guard the scouting report, and Wake players will proclaim that they have to play harder and better.

Last edited:
Wake will get up by around 15 or so with 5 minutes to go in the first half and look like they are going to blow Charlotte out - instead Charlotte will get it down to around 6 or 7 by the half. Then Charlotte will actually take the lead toward the end of the game, but they will miss some wide open shots, while Wake will make FTs down the stretch and squeak one out by 4 or 5 points. Afterward Manning will mumble that we didn't get the scouting report, and Wake players will proclaim that they have to play harder and better.

This is the most likely scenario.

We've already lost to a church league team and an arachnoid.

Not encouraged that we will get the W.

Seriously, lose this game and Danny needs to be dismissed before the post game presser.

I think I'm going to attend this game. What's the best way to get tickets?

Get together with a group of your friends and try to pool your assets. If you are able to find $1.00 between the group of you, you should be able to find a ticket.

You could probably pawn your fiance's engagement ring and get the money all in one shot.

Good luck.

Get together with a group of your friends and try to pool your assets. If you are able to find $1.00 between the group of you, you should be able to find a ticket.

You could probably pawn your fiance's engagement ring and get the money all in one shot.

Good luck.

Look at how you have 10X more posts than me and 1/10 the amount of rep bars. That's how I know you suck.

I also was going to post this tweet this morning because I found it pretty funny.

Back